Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

Good Thing Report: Friday


Yesterday was a day filled with good things-- a fun photo shoot for my friend Shari's new book that is coming out with Zondervan, some time to shop utterly alone, getting the dark jeans I needed for She Speaks with Shari serving as my consultant for the purchase (always great to have a professional stylist as one of your closest friends-- Lord knows I need her input!), and volunteering as a family at the Safe Journey graduation last night.

(Disclaimer: I did no work at the event but somehow found myself assigned to the "job" of watching the graduation and eating the yummy meal that was served... not sure how that transpired, but I was happy to be the one to take that "job." My husband was a server and my daughter watched kids in the nursery... you can imagine how happy they were for me. Not to mention several of my friends who were giving me the stink eye from the back and talking trash about me amongst themselves. I told them not to be bitter. They said too late.)

But here's my good thing for yesterday-- it's a small thing, but it's one of those little nudges from God that makes you see that He truly does take care of us down to the smallest details. With the way the day was unfolding, we were going to have to leave our 12, 9 and 7 yo with the 16 yo since the 3yo and 14 yo were going to be with us at the event. Now, the 16 yo is not wild about babysitting in the first place, but having to feed them dinner that involved any preparation was going to be asking way too much. I wondered what in the world I was going to feed them and was a bit stressed about it, to be honest. Because I knew that things were timed to the wire and stopping at a fast food place or a grocery store was out of the realm of possibility. I acted like Scarlett and said, "Fiddledeedee, I will worry about that later," and just had fun at the photo shoot.

At the shoot, Shari ordered in Olive Garden soup, salad and breadsticks for us all. It was a great lunch and a fun way to unwind after the shoot was over. As Shari was packing up to leave, I saw that there was nearly a whole pan of breadsticks leftover and asked her if I could take them home. She waved her hand at the spread of food and said, "Take whatever you want!" I noticed that there was also nearly a whole container of soup leftover as well. And just like that, I had a dinner plan. I bagged up the soup and breadsticks and took them home-- much to my children's delight! My son only had to heat the soup in the microwave and all was well at home in our absence.

So, my good thing for yesterday was soup and breadsticks, provided by a generous friend and a loving God.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Zoe Elmore said...

Yay! Love the God who provides abundantly, even for testy teens!
Can't wait to hear all about the shoot.

Anonymous said...

My good thing today...

http://pathfromtheheadtotheheart.wordpress.com/

It just has my heart soaring and praising...

Sandra in Phx said...

My good thing for today is that I finished three weeks of lesson planning! WOO HOO!