Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just Keepin It Real...


That menu plan I posted on Monday?

Yeah, well, that hasn't worked out so well.

Blame it on the veritable snowstorm we had.

Or blame it on some plans my husband surprised me with.

Or blame it on pure-tee lazy-ness.

No matter what you blame it on, my kids are having sandwiches and cold cereal for the next two nights... so that means you can expect to see some repeats on the ole menu for next week.

That's how we save money round these here parts-- we feed our families sandwiches and then brag about how much money we just saved by stretching our meals into the following week. Then we strut around and talk about how frugal we are, thereby throwing off any family members who might be noticing that we are getting out of cooking altogether.

It's a good plan... you might want to try it sometime.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Sandra in Phx said...

LOL!! I love that. I love that you are keeping it real:)

Debra said...

To Funny! Your a hoot Marybeth. Its ok to be lazy some weeks..:))

Oh Dear said...

Lunch meat and cold cereal, You would be Queen at our house!

Unknown said...

"That's how we save money round these here parts-- we feed our families sandwiches and then brag about how much money we just saved by stretching our meals into the following week."

Oh! So that's why my groceries are lasting longer these days! It IS good to be lazy some weeks. It keeps us sane.

I love the post, btw.