Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Bit Of Randomness


  • I was supposed to be out of town this weekend, as I might have mentioned at some point. I was really looking forward to a girls' weekend with my very funny and interesting (she's an assistant district attorney) cousin. But alas, the night before I was supposed to leave, I got a headache in the middle of the night, which kept me up for most of the night. I knew Friday morning that I was simply too tired to make the five hour drive, so I was forced to cancel. That was a real bummer. I am enjoying using my time this weekend to get things done instead, but am sad to miss our fun time. We had planned to see two movies and she was going to teach me how to get better at PathWords on Facebook. As my daughter said with her patented eye roll going, "Wow, what a party, mom!" I know. The sad part is, with my travel schedule in the coming months, I am not sure when or if we will get a chance to do it again. Sigh.

  • The other day my 8yo daughter was listening to my ipod with me and asked me what a certain song was. I replied dismissively, "Oh, it's an old song." "Mom," she replied, exasperated, "That's all you have on your ipod are old songs. I mean the only song you have from like, this decade, is Irreplaceable." Clearly, I need some help catching up in the music department. I do like Irreplaceable though-- and I have been encouraging a certain friend of mine to play it often... and loud.

  • We got a treadmill today. My husband called me and said, "I've got a surprise for you." And it really was a surprise. I thought he had forgotten that he had promised to get me one this weekend! (And no, this wasn't one of those purchases that would land him in the doghouse. I asked for this.) He spent several hours moving furniture in our bonus room to make room for this new toy of mine, and then putting it all together. This one is especially fun because it has a port for your ipod to plug into and plays through speakers. He also rigged up an old computer speaker too, which meant that when I walked in the door (downstairs on the other side of the house, mind you) I could hear the music coming from the bonus room. I am so excited about having the ability to exercise while listening to my music, in the comfort of my home, with my children nearby so I can monitor them. This already feels like progress.

  • I ran errands for hours today. With my three year old. We are both exhausted. She is already in bed for the night as I write this-- and I feel like going to bed myself (but will opt for watching a movie with my hubby instead, while eating peppermint ice cream I serendipitously found at the grocery today, even though it's supposed to be limited edition for the holidays). We went shopping for mommy's clothes, to the Target, the cleaners, the library, the video store and the grocery store. I got the ingredients for all our meals for the week, which I will post on Monday for Menu Plan Monday. I also knocked out several things on my "to do" list, which always makes me feel good. I am planning a little birthday celebration for my friend Erica on Monday. Since the kids are out of school she is bringing her three kids here and I am making a special lunch and baking a cake too! Bring on the chocolate!

  • Last night Curt and I departed from the ordinary and met up with some old friends of mine from high school. Our 20th reunion was held in October, and since then a lot of us have reconnected on Facebook. One person decided to arrange some regular get togethers, and we ended up being able to go since I didn't go out of town. To be honest, I had forgotten all about it since I hadn't planned to go, but ended up seeing a reminder notice just in time. We quickly arranged our sitting and headed out to happy hour. It was so much fun! It's nice to branch out occasionally and see new people, have new conversations and do new things. I hope we will get to do it more often and am so glad we went.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That video was too funny. I would love a new vacuum for any occasion, though.

Anonymous said...

I know God to be my peace when I put my husband out because of adultery. How He kept me from going crazy while he was gone. I went into depression and was taking medication. One day as I was about to take my medicine I said Lord, I need Your peace. He gave me more peace than I thought possible. My husband and I reunited and are closer than ever.
I know God as my strength, in taking care of my somewhat disable mother and in her homegoing. He gave me such tremendous strenght that I know only comes from Him.
I know my Father as love, because through both trials I would hear I Corinthians 13:4-7, over and over again especially when I wanted to have my own way.
I do not and can not take any credit for what the Lord displayed in my action or character. I give all praise to Him the Almighty God, and I bless Him for using His vessel the way He saw fit to show Himself to others. I was blessed in reading your devotion today 1-23-09, and may God continue to bless and use for His Kingdom business by blessing other with encouragement. Your Sister Michele