- Nursing sick children and trying to get over the "not interested in eating. at. all." feeling I have had since I got sick two days before Christmas.
- Trying in vain to find a place for the abundance of stuff that has found its way into my home in the past several days.
- Resisting the urge to hit the after Christmas sales.
- Focusing instead on the looming book deadline I have... note to self: never, ever commit to a January 1 deadline again. Must remember that before January 1 comes December 25th-- and those two are dangerously close to each other.
- Keeping up with the laundry, the need for food, and the dishes that continually seem to get dirty no matter what else needs to get done.
- Ferrying my oldest back and forth to his practices for the New Year's Eve Murder Mystery play he is doing at our local community theater.
- Getting my Suburban repaired, because apparently it didn't get the memo that its availability was quite necessary at this time of year or that we pretty much spent all the money we have on Christmas, so car repairs weren't really on the radar right now... nope, totally didn't get that memo!
- Occasionally glancing at the pile of papers and stuff I know I need to deal with-- and desperately hoping that none of those things need to be done right away.
All of this adds up to not a lot of blog reading or posting time... I fully expect things to turn rightside up again in that department once I have finished the book. In the meantime, I hope your Christmas was awesome and that your family time between now and New Years is memorable.