Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Sunday Evening Alphabet


A is for all the craft supplies I bought today at Michael's.

B is for blogs I am having fun catching up on this evening.

C is for the warm chocolate chip cookie my daughter just brought me. That I didn't have to bake because she is now old enough to do so.

D is for a teenage daughter who still likes to hang out with her mom-- even if it is just to go to the grocery store.

E is for the empty house I came home to after the grocery store. For five whole minutes we unloaded groceries without chaos.

F is for feet stomping loudly in the room above me. My children give a whole new meaning to the term "lead foot."

G is for groceries-- a pantry and fridge full of them! What a great feeling as we start a new week!

H is for hearing holiday music on three radio stations this afternoon when we were out. My daughter and I agreed it is still too early and turned the channel.

I is for Ipod, listening to Nichole Nordeman sing "No More Chains" as I brush my teeth is a nice way to end a day.

J is for Jack, my oldest son, who just wrapped up a run as Daddy Warbucks in Annie-- his first leading role. He did a great job and even shaved his head! We got to see the show twice this weekend. So. fun.

K is for keeping our night simple. We had a church service we had planned to go to, but with one sick child and two who were very tired, we decided that staying home instead would be a better plan for everyone. I am glad my husband made that wise call.

L is for the nice lunch we ended up eating at a restaurant today-- which is a rare treat. Timing necessitated it, and I am so glad it did. Curt and I had lunch with just our three girls and it was so nice.

M is for menu plan. I am proud of myself for making one this week and looking forward to trying some new recipes.

P is for potty training. We are making progress-- not giant leaps, but I will settle for little steps. I think this mama's heart needs for her to move slowly out of this final transition away from babyhood and into full-fledged little girl. It is bittersweet as over 16 years of little ones in diapers comes to an end. (Only a mother of many can appreciate that statement, so the rest of you just disregard.)

Q is for quiet-- everyone went to bed early or is doing homework somewhere. I am loving the silence.

R is for a day of rest? I didn't get a lot of rest today, but I do feel semi-prepared for a new week. And that's a good thing.

S is for sermon. As usual, we heard a good one today. Our pastor is preaching on finances and everything he is saying lines up so directly with what we believe, I have to stifle the urge to jump up and shout "amen!" when I hear him preach.

T is for thanksgiving-- I still have plans to work on this week.

U is for underbed storage box. I have decided I need one more to house our craft supplies, especially after our trip to Michael's. I am now the proud owner of a lifetime supply of pompoms and googly eyes.

V is for very tired. I am sort of sorry I started this whole alphabet entry thing, but I am determined to see it through to the end, now.

W is for writing this entry. I didn't think I would finish it, but it looks like I am going to now!

X is for x-tra sad that Monday is upon us. Please, weekend, don't go! You just got here!

Y is for the yellow box of Crayola washable paints I bought today. I can't wait to paint my kids hands and make the handprint turkey-- I can already imagine my big kids' faces when I share this little plan with them and they realize I expect them to play along!

Z is for where I am headed-- off to bed to catch some zzzzzz's.

Good night!

ETA: A little poem about the missing letters:
N and O are missing
That's very plain to see
It was late when I was writing
And I had NO energy!
Pin It!

1 comment:

tulip said...

Marybeth,

You must have been really tired when you started this fun post....you forgot "N" and "O"!!! Thanks for bringing to mind a fun idea for the kiddos for Thanksgiving....the "Being Thankful ABC's"!

tulipkids