Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Jesse Tree


Yesterday, I received a wonderful gift from my friend Ann. I can call her friend now-- and for that I am more than glad. She is such an inspiration in my life, and the lives of others. Her blog, Holy Experience, has long been a blog I only go to when I have time to savor, time to linger. It is deep and rich and beautiful.

So when I received Ann's Jesse Tree Devotional, I was delighted. I quickly scanned the pages and was not disappointed. The book even contains ornaments-- you just copy them (or cut them out if you can bring yourself to cut into a book), put them on cardstock and laminate if you want to to make them last longer. Then you can hang them on a tree or make a banner to hang them on-- whatever you like. Easy! Convenient! Fun! (What mom doesn't love to hear those three words all used in one sentence?) And better yet-- an easy, convenient, and fun way to keep our family focused on Christ throughout the Christmas season.

I thought I would let you know all about this wonderful resource, just in case you are looking for something like this to use for your family this year. Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer just wrote a wonderful post about it, and also recommended Ann's book. So don't just take my word for it. (Reading Rainbow!)

Why are we discussing this now, prior to Thanksgiving when you aren't (according to my children) supposed to be discussing anything to do with Christmas? Well, because this Jesse Tree devotion begins on November 30th. So, if you want to do it and are particular about such things (as I am), you might want to get your copy ordered. To order your copy, click on this link. I know you will be blessed! Let me know if you order it!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there-- My friend and mentor Debi made a Jesse tree and did the devos with her family begining over 20 years ago. I made one once about ten years ago and we did it when the kids were younger. It is a great way to tie the whole Bible together in a way that makes sense to kids. Have fun!

rural momma said...

I ordered one and I can't wait for it to get here!! :0)

Unknown said...

I ordered one, too. I came across this last year and forgot completely about it.