Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My Own Concoction!


I made up a recipe today that I thought I would share with you all. I am calling it "Mexican Chicken Over Rice" because I don't know what else to call it and I am not feeling very creative after a night of nearly no sleep! (Note to self: coffee at night is not wise if you are not certain that it's decaf!)

Here is what I did:

Thaw a package of flash frozen chicken breasts (2.5 pounds) or use fresh in that amount if you have it.

Lay them in your crockpot.

Then dump rinsed and drained black beans (2 cans) and 3 cans of Ro-tel tomatoes in the crockpot. (I used the kind with cilantro and lime juice-- yum!) Add about a handful of chopped, frozen onions. (These are found in the frozen vegetable section and are a HUGE time saver!) Then add salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder to taste.

Cook on low for the rest of the day. Just before serving, chunk up the chicken and stir well. Serve mixture over rice. I am serving this with corn on the side. And the best part? Dinner's done!
Pin It!

No comments: