Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Menu Plan... Tuesday?


I haven't posted a menu in awhile, mostly because I have been making quick and easy stuff with being on vacation and then readjusting to life once we returned from vacation. Last night I did a pre-cooked chicken, some five minute wild rice, some frozen broccoli and Sister Schubert yeast rolls. Quick, easy, filling and actually pretty good! I don't cook with shortcuts like that every night, but I was glad to have a simple solution for dinner on hand, picked up by my hubby, who knew he was going to be out of town and that I would be relieved to not have to do a grocery run so soon after getting home. He was right.

In just a bit, I have to take two of my sons to get their back to school haircuts. One of mine grew his hair out over the summer, but has to cut it now, as his school has a dress code which includes hair length. He is sad to cut it-- but I am not. I like super short hair on boys! After we finish at the barber, I will run to the grocery and pick up something simple for dinner. I am thinking Stouffer's Lasagna paired with a can of pineapple tidbits.

I take it easy when daddy is gone! (He is returning tonight, but not til after dinner.)

Wednesday night is sloppy joes, corn, and frozen french fries

Thursday night is Homemade Chicken Nuggets (using the recipe on the back of the Bisquick box-- they are so good!), green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy

Friday night is Grilled Chicken tossed with this and some sliced cantaloupe, paired with Kelli's Garlic Bread Twists. I can't wait to try this recipe and use tomatoes and basil from our garden!

My neighbor just gave me a bag of very ripe tomatoes. I would love to try my hand at making fresh salsa. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good recipe? I hear it is so good, but I have never done it. Please let me know if you have any tips!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Audra Krell said...

Nice menu Marybeth! For salsa I like to put diced mango with a can of chopped green chiles! It's so awesome!

mamatwoboys said...

Can't help you on the salsa but I just had to add that I LOVE those chicken strips off the Bisquick box! I think I'll make some tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

Whitney said...

Hey gal. Whit here. I have an awesome fresh salsa recipe. You need:

3-4 diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, washed and drained
1 can of white shoepeg corn
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
1/2 pack of dry Italian seasoning
1/4 cup of white vinegar
1/2 cup of canola oil

It's usually better the next day. Try it. I'm a huge fan!!!

Miss you,
Whit

Mom Can I? said...

tomatoes
"little onion"
fresh cilantro
jalepenos to taste
lime juice
garlic and salt to taste

(almost everything we put in to taste fyi) and turn on the food processor!!! Sammy and Jack make it all the time - needs to sit for a day to taste really yummy!!!!