Pages

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Beach Reading


What did I bring to read at the beach? I thought you'd never ask!

Streams In The Desert, my daily devotional reading

Laying Down The Rails, published by the folks at Simply Charlotte Mason. (I doubt I will finish this at the beach, as it is a rich, thought-provoking read. Well worth digging into already and I am only on the first chapter! I highly recommend this book and the other books by this company. Look for an interview with these ladies coming soon!)

The Writing Life by Annie Dillard

The Creative Family by Amanda Soule

Then She Found Me by Elinor Lipman (Usually I read fiction at the beach, because I love to lose myself to a good story-- but this is the only piece of fiction I brought this time. I loved this movie and am interested in reading the book. I could tell as I watched the movie that it was a well-written book.)
Pin It!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh what a fun trip and some good books -- what more can a girl ask for? Enjoy your vacation!

Judy said...

Streams in the Desert, volumes 1 & 2 have been favorites of mine for over twenty years! I will check out Laying Down the Rails. Have a nice vacation.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy my Dillard as well, but Elinor Lipman, not sure? I do plan on renting her movie, "and then she found me." I looked at the trailer and I really enjoyed it. So I will let you know what I think. The movie looks REALLY, REALLY good.
Tina

http://seasonsofamothersheart.typepad.com/

www.homesteadblogger.com/heartofexcellence