Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Something Fun To Do When You Lack Good Blogging Content


I saw this on another blog and thought it looked fun! If you try it on your blog, leave me a comment with a link!

A is for age.
38. Sigh. How did this happen?
B is for burger of choice.
One of my husband's grilled burgers on a real charcoal grill. I haven't had a better one anywhere.
C is for what car you drive.
A 1998 white Suburban that has 118,000 miles on it. My friend told me hers is a 96 with 280,000 miles on it and still going strong-- which means I will be driving mine until I am eligible for retirement.
D is for Dog's name.
We don't have a dog-- our dog died but her name was Sophie.
E is for essential item you use every day.
Washer and dryer. You have already heard my unfortunate dryer story, so suffice it to say-- I miss my dryer!
F is for favorite tv show at the moment.
Law and Order SVU, but any L&O will do!
G is for Favorite game.
I am not a huge game player but I do like Sequence.
H is for Hometown.
The same town I live in now-- Charlotte, NC
I is for instruments you play
None-- wish I played the piano though.
J is for favorite juice.
Not a big juice drinker but I always order tomato juice on an airplane-- I have no idea why!
K is for who you'd like to kiss.
(I changed this from the original because it was a bit crude.)
My two year old-- I love her sweet baby kisses!
L is for last restaurant you ate at.
Chick fil a-- where else? :)
M is for your favorite Muppet.
I always liked the Chef. Although Kermit singing "The Rainbow Connection" is hard to beat! Check out this version by Sarah McLachlan that I have on my Ipod. Just beautiful.
N is for number of piercings.
Just my ears-- but I rarely wear earrings!
O is for overnight hospital stays.
Many. (I was sick with kidney issues as a child that involved multiple hospitalizations.)
P is for people you were with today.
My family.
Q is for what you do with your quiet time.
Read, write, study the Bible.
R is for biggest regret.
Not taking a graduate level writing class that I was invited to participate in my senior year--taught by one of my heroes, Lee Smith-- because I was already taking 18 hours.
S is for status.
Married going on 17 years.
T is for time you woke up today.
9 am-- a rare treat!
U is for what you consider unique.
Each one of my six children
V is for vegetable you love.
Tomato, although I recognize that that is actually a fruit.
W is for worst habit.
Biting my hangnails.
X is for number of x-rays you've had.
Many. (See "O")
Y is for yummy food you ate today.
Leftover grilled hamburgers and pasta salad at lunch.
Z is for zodiac sign.
Gemini-- though I don't believe in the zodiac. At. All.
Pin It!

18 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

Very fun to read! :) It's a great little way to get to know more about you!

Sharon

Bonita said...

Even though I know you pretty well it's fun to find out new stuff. I had to laugh about the overnight hospital stays. I used to work nights in the hospital so I don't think I can count that high!

Anonymous said...

How Fun... I love being able to do these. Takes all the thinking out of what your going to blog about.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The zodiac is a perfectly legitimate astronomy term; it is just the name of the constelations that lie along the ecliptic. Astrology stole it.

Marla Taviano said...

Gonna steal this one. Thanks!

Leah said...

Hi Marybeth!

I love your blog! I can relate to you in so many ways. :) With my children the laundry is NEVER done.

I loved the ABC quiz. Too fun! I have them done on my blog!

tulip said...

Hi Marybeth,

Ok...I put my quiz online. I'll admit some answers are the same only because it's too early in the morning for me to think straight and I'm not very creative to begin with. Glad to see things are beginning to settle down (despite the dryer). We will be moving soon and although I'm looking forward to it, I know it will be a lot of work and I don't want to do this again!!!

Here's my link to my quiz like you asked: http://tulipkids.blogspot.com/2008/07/something-fun-to-do-when-you-lack-good_07.html

Take care!
In Christ,
tulip in Idaho

Laurie Ann said...

I loved reading your answers. I snagged this and put it on my blog, too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I put it on my blog as well...

http://lifeofridiculousfaith.blogspot.com/2008/07/some-thing-to-do-for-fun.html

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

I put it up on my blog too! Very ctue.

Jerralea said...

I thought it was fun, too. I put it on my blog, but I'm not sure how to post the link ... I'm just learning about blogging!

Here's the blog address: http://jerralea.blogspot.com/

Jill Beran said...

I agree, this was a fun change of pace!! Thanks for sharing - here's the address: http://titus24U.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Hi, MaryBeth. I like this one.. lots of fun. I've got it scheduled to post to my blog next week.

http://thefruitsofthespirit.blogspot.com

April B. said...

I posted this on my blog as well! I just wanted to let you know that a few weeks ago we were in my husband's home church in Chesterfield, SC. I was sitting by his grandmother and the lady next to her gave me a print out of one of your articles! She was very surprised that I knew who you were. :-)

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I did it on my blog!

Andrea said...

I'm doing this!!! Come over and check it out MB!

Jada said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! I posted mine - http://jbaker65.blogspot.com/2008/07/through-z.html

Dara said...

I L.O.V.E. the Rainbow Connection song...glad to see I am not the only one. That song has deep meaning to me. I made a paramedic sing it to me when I was in the ambulance being transferred to another hospital in critical condition. Little did I know at the time that I would be given a week to live! And here I am eight years later! That song touches my heart mostly because God stays true to His promises.