Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

On A Recipe Roll!


I found this recipe at Kelli's blog so I am adding it to my "to be baked" list for this week. These look so good! I have moved my plans to make Key Lime Pie to Wednesday night, as we were out of eggs when I went to make it today. It has to chill for a certain amount of time, so I had to do a quick change in plans. Instead I plan to make these this evening. Because, you know, spending all morning in the kitchen just wasn't enough.

Fruit Filled Oatmeal Bars
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
2/3 cup brown sugr
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of your favorite jam
In a mixing bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the flour mixture. Press remaining flour mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 pan. Spread with desired jam. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until the top is golden. Cut into squares.

I am going to make a 9X13 pan and use half blackberry on one side and half peach on the other.

ETA: I made these this afternoon and they were wonderful! So wonderful the kids and I sat down and ate them for dinner, followed by ice cream topped with hot fudge for dessert!

Am I a fun mom or what?? (Actually I am hardly ever a fun mom-- so it felt good to be one this evening!)
Pin It!

No comments: