Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Moving Update


We are in. The moving truck is unpacked. Our bed is set up (the kids are still on mattresses on the floor) and the kitchen is in "barely functioning but functioning nonetheless" mode. We have internet, phone, and tv and the new refrigerator was delivered and is now cold-- and making ice! There are still appliances to order and have delivered. The big storage pod is still sitting in our driveway chock full and needing to be unloaded. There are boxes in most every room that also need to be unpacked. We have a TON of renovations and updating to do. Not to mention a lot of organizing!

I am thankful to friends who came to take kids off our hands and unload boxes and furniture in the hot weather. I am thankful to my mother in law who kept the two youngest for two days and nights. I am thankful to my in laws who brought pizzas for dinner last night and my mom who gave us some money to order out Chinese tonight and is coming tomorrow to help unpack and organize. All gifts in different forms!

It doesn't smell like our house-- do you know what I mean? And none of us seems to know what to do with ourselves. But we're here. And little by little it will become home.

Of that I am certain.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Debra said...

I have been praying for a quick, efficient, and smooth move for you.
Glad to hear the update.
Hugs,Debra

Laurie Ann said...

I know what you mean about the smell. I'm so glad you're in. Can't wait to hear you're settled - prayers are going up for you. That's so sweet of those who have helped you with their time, babysitting and gifts. Family & friends can be awesome during these times, can't they?

Charlene Kidd said...

Marybeth,
I am so glad you are in. I thought about you yesterday. Even though I could not come and physically move boxes, I was lifting you up spiritually. I can not wait to see your new house (hopefully before you ready to move again!!).
Enjoy,
Charlene

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're settling in.

Smileyface said...

so excited you got your new place...hope you post pictures!
my prayers are with you during the transition time. blessings!!!

Happy Four said...

Just checking in to see how the move went. Congratulations on closing on your new home and getting in. Praying for you as you unpack and get settled. We have been here almost 3 weeks and still finding the right place for things, but it is such fun!

Blessings abundant and you make your new address not only a house, but a home where you will be blessed and love will abound.

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

YEAH! It is great to have friends and family during these times. You will be so glad when everything is unpacked and put in its place. Hang in there and accept all of the help that God sends your way. :)

Musings of a Housewife said...

Congratulations!! And don't worry. After a few weeks, your house will smell like you! :-) Although sometimes, after a vacation, we'll come home and smell that "new house smell" all over again. But only for a second.