Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Great Quote I Just Had To Share

I read this quote on Christine at Fruit in Season's (see sidebar for link) blog and just loved it. She so eloquently expressed how I feel that I just had to share it!

But what would my days be without the chaos and the noise? What would I gain?
I would gain time to read, but miss children to read to.
I would gain time with friends, but miss the joy of coming back home to squeezy hugs and sloppy kisses.
I would gain a clean house, but miss little hands discovering the world around them.
I would gain significance in the world through work, but miss my purpose for growth and emotional depth.
I would gain more time for communing with God, but miss the indescribable gratitude I feel every day I see their little faces.
In reality I would gain little of value and miss everything of worth.
Pin It!


Christine said...

Thanks, Marybeth! It's just one of those feelings we mom can share...there's nothing like it, as you well know.

Blessings to you today.

Laurie Ann said...

What a great quote! I see this coming into play with us even now. Although our nest is empty, we have up and coming grandchildren. One is almost a year old, and one is still in the womb. Thanks for sharing, Marybeth.

Anonymous said...

I printed this out and put it on my fridge...thanks!