Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Great Quote I Just Had To Share


I read this quote on Christine at Fruit in Season's (see sidebar for link) blog and just loved it. She so eloquently expressed how I feel that I just had to share it!

But what would my days be without the chaos and the noise? What would I gain?
I would gain time to read, but miss children to read to.
I would gain time with friends, but miss the joy of coming back home to squeezy hugs and sloppy kisses.
I would gain a clean house, but miss little hands discovering the world around them.
I would gain significance in the world through work, but miss my purpose for growth and emotional depth.
I would gain more time for communing with God, but miss the indescribable gratitude I feel every day I see their little faces.
In reality I would gain little of value and miss everything of worth.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks, Marybeth! It's just one of those feelings we mom can share...there's nothing like it, as you well know.

Blessings to you today.

Laurie Ann said...

What a great quote! I see this coming into play with us even now. Although our nest is empty, we have up and coming grandchildren. One is almost a year old, and one is still in the womb. Thanks for sharing, Marybeth.

Anonymous said...

I printed this out and put it on my fridge...thanks!