Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

She Speaks Hangover


Is anyone still here??

:)

If you are-- thank you for patiently waiting on me in my absence.

I don't know why I took my laptop to She Speaks and had the crazy idea that I would live blog from the event. Ha! Ha again! Last night I sat down in MY bed in MY house (at least for one more week it is) and all of a sudden pain set into my entire body. My legs, hips and shoulders were aching with relief as I was completely, totally, finally still after several days of running. I was, I realized, more tired and overextended than I had even admitted to myself.

What is it about coming home that allows you to just let everything out, to see things from the perspective of who you are and not who you feel like you should be? I love that. I love that there's a place in this world where I can just fall apart. We should all be thanking God for that today.

Today I am planning to nurse my She Speaks hangover completely. I doubt I will leave the house. I am going to pour into my children and possibly take a nap. There are things I need to be doing-- but I doubt many of them will get done today. I am giving myself permission to take a day or two to recoup before I dive headlong into packing and moving just one week from today. I promise to write about She Speaks ad nauseum-- because God was so good and there is so, so much to say. Thank you for your prayers and thank you for waiting on me to get my act together and POST SOMETHING ALREADY-- those of you who care about such things just bless my heart.

I shall return... with pictures no less!
Pin It!

13 comments:

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Exhaustion from pouring out your heart is a much better exhaustion than the one you get from pulling out your hair!

Glad it was a wonderful time. Wish I could have been there.

Carol said...

It was such a good time! I did the same thing - took my laptop and let it sit in the corner of the room all weekend. I am so glad I got to meet you. I feel like we are old friends. :)

Jodie Wolfe said...

It is nice to have you back! :) I look forward to seeing the photos and hearing all about She Speaks. I praise God that He gave you the strength you needed to get through each moment. I will be praying for you as you pack up and prepare to move.

Blessings,
Pearls

Lisa said...

Hey girl!

Thanks for letting me hang out in your room this past weekend. It was great! Once you get out of your coma, I will be expecting an email or phone call to let me know how the rest of the conference went after I left! :)

I gave you a little shout-out on my blog this morning. Check it out!

Lis :)

Fran said...

Marybeth,
Thank you again for blessing me this weekend!I enjoyed our speaker group! I'll be praying for you as you move. If you have time post about your move. Are you moving within your community or to another community?
I enjoy your blog! Many Blessings in Christ, Fran Westlund

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one hungover :-)

I took my laptop, but I'm not all cool with wireless internet, and the cable the hotel gave me only worked part of the time, so it might as well have been at home!

She Speaks was another success! Maybe one day I'll get around to a good post about it.

AnnieBlogs said...

This weekend was AWESOME! Your class Saturday afternoon on passion was fantastic. Thank you.

Debra said...

Marybeth,
Glad you are back, missed you!
Cant wait to hear about she-speaks, this weekend I kept thinking about the conference. I was missing not being there, but then our air conditioning broke and then I kept praying to stay cool! :)
Your moving in a week, Yikes, You better get a nap today and tomorrow you will need all your strength.
Hugs, Debra

Zoe said...

Marybeth,
You are wonderful and so was our time together this weekend.
I hope you nurse yourself through your S.S. hangover by taking a few naps.
Can't wait to hear what you share about the weekend.
Zoe

Jerralea said...

Welcome back! I've missed you. Your blog is one I visit every day (not putting pressure on you or anything!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, enjoy your nap. God is so faithful to make us lie down in green pastures. Or in my case, on a green couch. I'm looking forward to hearing how God worked in your life at She Speaks.

KelliGirl said...

Marybeth,
You are awesome! I just loved your talk on Saturday. Up to that point I had been feeling like an observer at She Speaks, wondering if God was busy focusing on all of the other women around me. But through your words the Spirit touched my heart and let me know God hadn't forgotten about me. (I was the one who introduced herself to you with tears in her eyes.)

I hope you're able to recharge and recover in the next couple days.

BTW, thanks for the recommendation. I started reading Traveling Mercies on the plane home and LOVE IT!! I can't wait for some free time to get back to it.

Blessings,
Kelli

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Marybeth,

It was nice meeting you at the bloggers reception. I hope you are feeling recooped (is that a word?) soon. I was wondering if you had as large a laundry pile as I did?? Aparantly NO ONE did laundry while I was gone, with 6 kids that's CRAZY!

I think I'm getting carpal tunnel from folding! LOL!