Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And We're Back


I was experiencing some technical difficulties with posting. As in, I would hit "publish" and it would go to the screen that said something about posting to the ftp site with a circle that went round and round.... and round and round... and round and round. It would never go to my favorite screen, the one that says, "Your blog published successfully." I always like anything that tells me I did something successfully!

So, I emailed my wonderful blog designer, Dawn, to ask her if she knew what was up. And then I tried about ten other things that I thought it could be, to no avail. I am so not the techno-savvy type.

Then I closed my computer and went to the garden for weeding Wednesday, got hot and sweaty outside, laughed and talked with the other moms, and dug my fingers in the dirt. I listened to the sound of the chickens and the laughter and squeals of happy children. I smelled the fresh basil and took pride in spotting the first bell peppers, squash and tiny little tomatoes that I had a part in planting. I thanked the little girls who sat outside and diligently made all us moms a flower bouquet from fresh cut flowers arranged in washed out tin cans with a piece of raffia tied around them. So, so cute! And the perfect pick-me-up! I forgot all about my stupid blogging problems while I was at the garden. It was refreshing.

When I got home, somehow, my blog had decided to publish all by its little self! I was so happy to see the post I had tried to publish magically make its way to the blogosphere. I have no idea how it happened except to say that Lysa had posted on her blog this morning asking people to pray for all of us on the team at P31 as we prepare to go into She Speaks. Because the weirdest, most bizarre stuff has been happening and we are all just weary. I mean, y'all just wouldn't believe the weird stuff! So, I chalked the whole "now it publishes/now it doesn't" thing to just another weird problem being overcome by the power of prayer.

Thanks to all of you who have left us all comments-- your supportive notes and prayers on our behalf mean so, so much to all of us. Keep on praying! We will need it in the week ahead as we prepare for and go through She Speaks!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Debra said...

Marybeth,
God laid it on my heart yesterday to start praying for She-Speaks. I pray for P31 and You often.
Your garden looks great. Our garden is small in comparison.
Have a great day!

Robin said...

You ARE being prayed for as we get closer and closer to this conference. I so appreciate you willingness to be His servant - so He can speak to me.
Blessings on you!

And all you P31 ladies have the prettiest blogs!

krista said...

I am glad you are back! Sometimes technology is too full of technology! Please know I am praying for the P31 team and I am looking forward to attending She Speaks!

"K" said...

Yours and Lysa'a are the first tow posts I read every day so when she asked for praye for all you guys I knew I had to hold up my end of the load. I'm praying.
"K"

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

and so we pray on....

I send much love, friend! And He goes before you...

All's grace,
Ann

Unknown said...

You are being prayed for.

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Still praying for you and looking forward to our session together. I am so excited about how god is going to use you for us!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Renata said...

I'm praying for you!

Laura said...

I am praying so hard for all of you. This is a special time of preparation, for us as well as you all. Bless you gals for all the hard work you are doing!

KelliGirl said...

Marybeth,
I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. Thanks for the encouragement you've given me as a writer and Christian.

I'm praying for you and all of the P31 team as you put the finishing touches on She Speaks. I know that God is planning to do a mighty work in and through all in attendance. Satan is powerful, but he no match for the Almighty!

I can't wait for She Speaks!

Blessings and prayers,
Kelli
www.awesomegodordinarygirl.blogspot.com

Starr LaPradd said...

I love your blog!! Don't take the time to comment often, But I am glad you are so willing to share with us all! Hope to get to meet you at She Speaks. I am so looking forward to it. I was attacked this morning as the "computer monster" intruded and would NOT allow me to get online. I have sat and worked, plugged and unplugged and FINALLY, there it was!!! I was on my homepage and I was happy!! Not a good time for my computer to be un-cooperative...just before a writer's conference!
Also, I had a copy of your book "For The Write Reason" and it has disappeared, along with most of my writing that was all kept in a totebag I have carried around for YEARS. But, alas God has given me many more stories and I hope to be able to replace my copy of your book sometime soon....It was something I read every single day and I miss it!!
Love and Blessings,
Starr

Dawn said...

I'm so glad it all worked out and that's not something you have to worry about this week.

I can't wait to meet you this weekend and hug your neck. :-)