Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Leaving For The Disneyworld Mom Blogger Mixer



So, tomorrow morning bright and early I leave for the airport for the long-awaited weekend at the first ever Disney Mom Blogger Mixer! I have been trying to stave off my excitement just so I could live with myself this week. My clothes are mostly packed and ready and those of us who are going have emailed back and forth to discuss such important things as do we bring a bathing suit or not, do we bring our laptop or not, and, most importantly, what are we wearing? I was all into the conversation until they got off on shoes. Because shoes, for me, are a foregone conclusion. Tennis shoes. So fashionable, I tell you. (Shari, don't roll your eyes.) The good news is, my doctor said I could get rid of the boot, but the bad news is that tennis shoes are to be my footwear of choice for quite some time. Cute flip flops or sandals? Forget about it!
Today at my CBS (Community Bible Study) core group, one of the ladies was talking about her recent trip to Disney and all of a sudden, it dawned on me. I am going there! In a matter of hours!! I had to share with them my good fortune. They were all so nice about it and excited for me. Sharing it with them made me excited for me too. It felt real, somehow, as I told them about it.
I am looking forward to meeting these ladies, sharing our blogging knowledge, learning more about the blogging world from these pros, and just being moms together who are enjoying the good fortune of a weekend trip. Plus, my old college roommate is going to be there the same weekend. What are the odds? So we have already made plans to sit by the pool tomorrow (tomorrow?) afternoon before our "activities" (which are being kept top secret, by the way) get underway for the weekend.
I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get back. I will take lots of pictures and post them here as soon as I can. In the meantime, pray for Curt, who is being left behind with six children and a house on the market. I owe him a weekend away very soon, wouldn't you say? Wonder if I can convince Disney to do a weekend for the dads next?
PS. Ok, the excitement continues... I just got an email telling us to bring closed-toe shoes and jeans or capris for Saturday. (As if the closed-toe shoes would be a problem for me.) They said they just got approval for something very special that they think we are going to love. What is it?? I am now just giddy with the curiosity! I'll let you know what it was when I get back...
Pin It!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oooooo, I'm so jealous! Considering how Disney does everything so very...completely...you're going to have a blast!

Thankfully, it looks like the weather has gotten warmer as the week's gone on because it was stinkin' cold there at the beginning of this week. And if Shari gives you a hard time about the tennis shoes, just show her your doctor's excuse like a good little fashion student :-) Now to go put on my Shari-inspired black and white dress with the bold print to fit my Cool Rock Star image and try to come up with 14-16 points for hubby's fancy award dinner.

Charlene Kidd said...

I can't wait to hear all about it.
Have a wonderful time.