Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Freedom


Our church is doing a series called "Break Out" that has dealt with some pretty tough subjects. I have missed some of them with my broken foot, but I went yesterday and it was SO good. If you get a chance, go watch the one from yesterday, "Breaking Free From Financial Captivity." I laughed off and on all day about one thing Pastor did. He is funny and entertaining and... dead on.

This series has made me think of this quote from one of Nichole Nordeman's songs:

I should let You give me wings
I should let You set me free

And of this song.

Do you want to be free? Funny how we have to let Him set us free. He doesn't force freedom on us anymore than He forces Himself. He will let us drag our chains around until the moment we are ready to break free. Do you need to break free from financial strain? Do you need to break free from bad habits or addictions? Do you need to break free from sin that has a hold on you? Let Him take your chains. Don't drag them around anymore.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

MB...i needed to read this and hear the casting crowns song today...i've been going thru some oppression stuff...so thank you for once again allowing God to minister thru you. i'm so blessed to have found your blog. may God bless you in return and fill your cup to overflowing...