Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Welcome!


Welcome to all of you who find your way here because of the Proverbs 31 devotion that is running today. I have to confess, this devotion is one that is dear to my heart. Why? Because I love Peter, first of all. I am so reminded of my own actions when I read his stories. One of my favorite speakers in the world (Mark Hamby) says Peter was born with a foot-shaped mouth. Ever feel like that? Also, Peter is constantly proclaiming his loyalty to Christ, then falling short when the rubber meets the road. Ever feel like that? Well, then maybe you love Peter too! Most of all, I love that God left those parts in the Bible. The parts that are filled with people who fall short and do the wrong thing. People just like me!

I hope the devotion today spoke to your heart. Ironically (or not), I was up in the middle of the night worrying over what house we are going to buy! So this devotion was a nice reminder for me as well!

Want to read the devotion? Go here.
Pin It!

4 comments:

MaryLu said...

One of my daughter's favorite Hannah Montana episodes was about a boy she liked who couldn't say the right thing, her dad said, "whaddya know, that boy has three feet!" Cracked me up.
Boy we can stuff it in there can't we?

MelissaTaylor.org said...

I love the foot shaped mouth quote! I think I have one of those too:)

Great devo MB!

Love,
Melissa

MrsProverbs31 said...

One of my favorite story was David. How God had chosen him of all of his handsome brothers. Now, God loves David not because he was without sin, but because each time he sin, he came right back to God with a contrite heart.

Just thought I invite you to look at my Valentine post. Come on over to http://mrsproverbs31.blogspot.com. See there!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. I too have lost lots of sleep worrying about things that I have no right worrying about.

Connie