Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Chance To Contribute To A Book!


My friend (and the editor of P31 Woman magazine) Glynnis Whitwer is in the process of writing a book, which will be published by Harvest House in 2009. The book is called, "When Your Child Hurts" and is about how to help our children through the invariable hurts of life. Glynnis sent out a request to our speaker team to submit ideas and stories for the book, and I thought of you guys! Knowing I have several writers who read this blog, I thought I would help her spread the word. One or more of you may have some great insight on this subject to share with the world through Glynnis' book. Contact Glynnis directly through her blog (link below) if you would like to contribute!

Here is what she wrote:

My hope is to include the stories of parents who have experienced God’s wisdom, and have made good decisions that have helped their child(ren). I’m looking for very practical tools to give parents. So what has worked for you? Either as a parent or as a child whose parents did something right? Would you be willing to share the story with me? (I can change names if that helps).

I have included a list below my name of the topics I’ll be addressing. I’m even open to adding another chapter or two if I’ve missed something. If you would like to share your experiences, and help other moms and children, please send me a note, and let me know a bit about your story. If the story involves your child, please speak with him or her and make sure they are okay with the story being published. I’m sure you would do that anyway. As someone who often writes about her children, I’ve learned the importance of getting their approval before sharing with the world. I look forward to hearing from you.
Love, Glynnis
www.glynniswhitwer.com

1) Dealing with Disappointment
2) Repelling Unkind Words/gossip
3) Overcoming Fear
4) Managing Stress
5) Beating Loneliness
6) Dealing with Bullies
7) Redefining Failure
8) Addressing Physical Appearance
9) Bringing Hope out of Grief
10) Differentiating righteous anger from sinful anger
11) Investing in strengths not weaknesses – when natural ability isn’t enough
12) Overcoming Insecurity
13) Prevailing over physical handicaps
14) Taking control of learning and emotional disabilities
15) Mending the broken hearts from broken homes
Pin It!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey girl!

I met some of your "peeps" today at Southbrook -- great group of women! I put a pic up on my blog if you are interested.

Even if I don't leave a comment, know that I'm keeping up with you. :) Hope you are doing well.

Lisa

Carol said...

Thanks for the info! :)

MrsProverbs31 said...

I'll be praying about this opportunity. Sometimes, I can sit and learn forever. But, I'll keep an open mind and pray for insight.

Thanks for the info.

Carol said...

Hey! I blogged about you today! Come and visit!

Sisterlisa said...

Wow, you have no idea! Have you read my 'Why Me' post yet? I'll send something to Glynnis this weekend.