Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Ceramic Panic Party!


One thing I always hesitate to do when birthday party time rolls around is to hold the party at my house. As much as I want to have a nice party for my kids, I also don't want the headache of hosting 10-15 of their peers in my small-ish home for 2+ hours! When I saw an ad in a local small newspaper for Ceramic Panic, I knew I had found the perfect solution! Why? Because the ad said that you could hold the party at our local Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins store. I was sold! I arranged to hold the party last Saturday and we had 10 little girls come.
Waiting in line to choose their pieces to paint.

They could choose between a castle, a butterfly or a pony. This is just one of the groups to choose from. She has lots of themes. I chose the "pink" package-- a package fit for a princess!

Learning all about handling the paint and how to select colors, erase mistakes, etc.

Happily painting her butterfly.

Waiting in line to choose their scoop of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. This was part of the package price. I provided the cake-- a large chocolate chip cookie cake at the local grocery store for $7.99. Not bad, not bad at all.

Enjoying ice cream. A good time was had by all-- and no mess to clean up for mama! Which makes me very, very happy.
If you are in the Charlotte area and would like to book a Ceramic Panic party, just click on the link and get started. (I got no compensation for doing this... I just want to support a stay at home mom trying to launch a new business.)
This would also make a great event for groups or even a girls' night out for the moms.

Pin It!

9 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Looks like they had a great time! I too am always on the lookout for a good birthday party idea... too much work to have that many kids in your house if you don't have to.
I'll have to consider a ceramic paint party for Mary Lyndsey's birthday party. Hopefully there is similar place here in Georgia.

Amy L Brooke said...

Looks like they had fun!

Kids parties are a lot of work! I use to live with a family when I lived in IN. I lived with them for 3 years -- 3 kids -- 9 parties. I suppose it is good that I like kids!

The most memorable for me was when Elizabeth turned 4. She wanted a "Butterfly Birthday." My mom use to have this cake book where you made 1-2 regular sheet cakes and then cut them out and assembled them into whatever. One was a butterfly. So, I managed to get that from my sister and we made a chocolate butterfly with pale yellow icing and Elizabeth decorated it with pastel M&M's. Then we played "Find the Butterfly's" and "Butterfly Tag" (spring birthday) and though I'm not artistic, I can impress 4-year-olds with a little face paint butterflies on their cheeks!

Your party sounds great because the kids will always have something to remember it by.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Lisa B @ simply His said...

That is a great idea! My daughter would love to paint anything :)

A friend of mine has recently started a similar business. She will hold a princess tea party complete with princess dresses for the girls, cake, tea and goodie bags.

I also stopped by to say I've tagged you (and several of the P31 gals) with a Book Meme and I'm really interested in what you've been reading :)

Kristi said...

Our ladies Bible study group did a mom's night out at one of these stores. It was a lot of fun.

Kelli said...

Looks like they had a blast. I took my step-daughter to one of these and she loved it.

We also have a place here in Oklahoma where you can make your own jewelry. You pick out your beads and create your own piece of jewelry. Pretty fun to do with girls!

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Kelli

Laura said...

What a neat party idea! I have a friend who will be moving to the Charlotte area at the end of the month. I will definitely pass this idea along to her.

Sheri said...

What a fantastic idea! And, it looks like the birthday girl and all her friends had a blast too!

Anonymous said...

Abbey had a great time! What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

We did a party similar to this when my oldest turned seven (I only remember how old she was because I was pregnant with Natalie at the time.) I LOVE parties where I don't have to host them in my house.

Kaitlyn is now wanting to have her sixteenth birthday party here in a couple of months. Is there anything scarier than a house full of teenagers? If there is, I haven't thought of it yet. I don't suppose you can do a Sweet Sixteen party at McDonalds, can you?