Pages

Friday, January 04, 2008

A Day In The Life


Perhaps there is something wrong with me (like nosyness-- I prefer to call it curiosity!) but I love reading about people's days. One of my all-time favorite homeschool books is a book called "A Patchwork of Days" in which homeschoolers share their days-- how they juggle the different needs, how and what they make for dinner, etc. Why this is so fascinating to me, I couldn't say. But, it is. So, when I read about this in a comment at Jess' blog, I decided to participate. She is doing a meme of different bloggers' Day In The Life posts! I am so excited! It is going to be a smorgasbord of Days In The Life!! So check back with me on Monday and let me know in the comments section if you are also going to do it.

And yes, I realize I probably do need to get out more.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Regarding that comment on Jess's posts, if you are addicted to books you should check out www.frugalreader.com.

Unknown said...

Oh, MaryBeth! This is the 3rd time you've mentioned goals (both directly and indirectly). First, on your blog post a few days ago, which by the way has inspired me to set some goals for myself this year, especially when it concerns writing. I'm still working on those goals though. Will keep you posted. Second, on your husband's blog (remember the indirectly part of my 2nd sentence?). And now on your writing blog. I know this is for me!!! :) :)

I'm ordering your book as that is the writing book I have chosen to read from "cover to cover!" haha

Thanks for the encouragement!
Rebecca

lifelaughterchaos said...

I hope you are ok when I shoved you off your pedestal the other day! I hope I didn't shove too hard! ;) I will check this out as this is something that I am very interested in too...I share your "noseyitis" syndrome...hey that's how people get put on the pedestals!
I am very interested about the homeschooling days too...it fascinates me..the same as large families do. I'm telling you, the large family what you do with your days would make an interesting book...it could be called a Patchwork of Chaos. I'd buy it;)

Alyce said...

Hi Marybeth,
Shari sent me on over to you! I've been enjoying the blogs of various Proverbs31 ladies. What a blessing they are. I had expressed interest in possibly establishing my own blog, pertaining to cooking, recipes, etc. That is why Shari recommended I take a look at your blog. I don't know that I will ever have a blog of my own though. This is very time consuming. With 6 kids..how do YOU do it???! I have many days like you did on the 2nd though! Right now as I type this at 8:15 on a Saturday morning, my two girls (6 and 4) have been sent to their rooms...indefinitely. Makes me want to just go in the kitchen and cook away all day! I did tell them we'd make snowflake cookies today, but that might just have to be for another day now. Take care..I look forward to reading more from you.
Blessings, Alyce

Valerie said...

I wrote mine yesterday, added pictures today, and posted it on my blog just now. I don't see a Mr. Linky on her blog yet, so I can't add it yet. I hope she gets it up soon because we'll be out all afternoon.

Can't wait to read yours!