Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Reading


I spent some time tonight (when I wasn't preparing for the talk I am giving tomorrow night on-- what else-- Christmas JOY!) reserving some books at the library to read to the kids this season. I love that I can place the books on hold, and then just run to town to pick them up when they come in! Here are the books I put on hold:

Christmas From The Heart of The Home by Susan Branch (This one's mine!)

The Spirit of Christmas: Creative Holiday Ideas (another one for me!)

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey

Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett

The Puppy Who Wanted A Boy by Jane Thayer

Welcome Comfort by Patricia Polacco

I also found a copy of Mary Did You Know used at Amazon. Since our library doesn't carry that one, I felt that the used price was worth it. I love used books at Amazon. I also got Susan Branch's Christmas Joy book used. I love her cozy illustrations and great ideas. Curling up with these books at night will fill my head with ideas, I am sure! I just love to read books that inspire me in the homemaking department. I need all the inspiration I can get!

If you are looking for some inspiration this Christmas, don't forget my ebook... you can order it in the sidebar to the right. Just click on the button and we will email your pdf file right away!

Here is a sweet note I got from one reader just today:

Thanks so much for writing the Christmas e-book. I have read the entire book and have highlighted traditions that I want to start for my family. I look forward to trying some of your recipes too! Thanks for sharing this book with me! Heather
Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what delight I felt when I read that you are reading the book "The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy". My son is 20 and it is one of his favorite books -- a wonderful book. We still have it -- the original edition since it was my brother and my book -- and we are past 50. Good choice. Wonderful good. You deserve a pat on the back for being a mom who share the world through books with her children.

Julie Crowl

MrsProverbs31 said...

Marybeth,

I love your devotion. we, too, have six children. I've experience that anxiety when we lost our son at Walmart (twice).

It lifts up my heart to know that your devotional piece is going out to thousands of moms everywhere who needs to know our Father in Heaven is looking for us.

God bless you.

Shoua Lo
pastor-wife@hotmail.com