Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

What WasThat I Wrote About Balance??


Wow-- could I use a dose of my own medicine these days!

Here I am again, apologizing for not being around much this last week-- and still lacking those personal updates, I will admit.

Every week I say to myself, "Next week will be better." And then the next week comes and it is just as busy. All week I have been saying that-- and then today I realized that next week I have a doctor's appointment one day, have to get a passport one day (for that cruise I won-- I know, rough life!), it is my daughter's thirteenth birthday, and I have JURY DUTY. Ugh. That will pretty much be my week. And so, I have set my sights on the following week-- and we'll see how that pans out.

This weekend I am headed to Raleigh, NC. A town I lived in for four years when I was in college at NC STATE. (Go Wolfpack!!) And a town I still love dearly-- so being able to go there is a real treat. My friend Jess is going with me-- and that is a treat as well. Not to mention, my sorority little sister might be coming to join us for the event, then going out to dinner after. Fun! I am looking forward to the daylong conference at Bayleaf Baptist, where I will be speaking on 1) a woman's journey and 2)you guessed it... balance!! Ha!! This will be one of those talks where I get up and just say, "I have no idea why God wants me to share this message, as I am not in any shape to talk about it."

The strange thing is, He can even use that. Think loaves and fishes, folks. I offer up a meager little straggly bit and He takes it and multiplies it. And that is how it works-- in so many things in my life.

I'll let you know how it goes-- and I hope to be back (and doing better with the blogging thang) very soon. My friend Lysa recently wrote that she hopes her blog readers don't break up with her because she hasn't posted in awhile-- I should say the same!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MaryBeth,
I have always found when preparing to speak on a certain topic, that is the area I am tested in during the preceding weeks. It's amazing how God guarantees our authenticity through this process. Hang in there!

Christine said...

I love that! If I thought he could only use my strengths, I'd barely talk to anyone! ;)

I'd love to hear you speak someday when you're in my neck of the woods!

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I have to say that I do life with you Marybeth and you are truly one of the most balanced people that I know! A little crazy...especially over strange things like 80's music and TV shows like Magnum PI... but balanced none the less. Even a small dose of your balance wisdom would go a long way for the rest of us!