Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

Back From A Fun Weekend


Well, the weekend was a whirlwind, and now life is settling back down-- as much as my life settles down! The women's Journey Conference was great. The ladies at Bayleaf were so sweet! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them and hearing their stories. The best compliment I got all day was when one of the ladies came up to me and told me that there was a point when I disappeared and it was only God speaking to her. As a Christian speaker, you don't get a better compliment than that. In fact, my constant prayer is that I would be decreased so He would be increased. That I would be anonymous and He would be famous. And so, hearing that was truly an answer to prayer.

My friend Lisa came for the day as well. It was fun to see Lisa again and get all the updates on what she and her family have been up to. We haven't seen each other in a long time! We keep up mostly through Christmas cards, which isn't nearly enough. I was so glad we were able to carve out some time to grab an early dinner at Macaroni Grill before we hit the road. Jessica did go with me, and I think she got a crash course in the life of a speaker. She seemed to enjoy it and even offered to come with me again-- so I guess that is a good sign! She was a huge help and it was fun to process the day with her on our way home. We got stuck in a long traffic jam and were even able to use that time of sitting and waiting to pray about several things. I think it is safe to say that we used every minute of the trip to the fullest!

Tonight is my Momtourage book study. Should be fun-- it is our second meeting but first one to dive into the book. I have enjoyed what I have read so far of The Mom Walk by Sally Clarkson. I wonder what people will have to say tonight. No matter what, I know there will be honesty and transparency, as that is something that this group had from the getgo. It was refreshing!

Today has been spent running lots of little errands and now I am pausing for a few minutes to write this and check emails before I run back out the door to do the carpool line. Fun, fun! I hope that wherever you are, whatever you are doing, you are having a great week and seeing God in the big and little moments of your life.
Pin It!

No comments: