Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

Thanks


to all of you who wrote me such encouraging notes and comments after my last post!

One of you noted how vulnerable and open that post was-- you have no idea. After years of speaking and encouraging people to homeschool, the idea of announcing publicly to those same people that you are no longer homeschooling can be quite daunting. I will admit that I composed that post in my head for about a week before I wrote it.

After several random people in my life commented that I was going to get flamed by negative comments after I fessed up, I felt myself putting off the inevitable. I didn't want to take the heat-- not that it would change my mind or make me feel less certain, but I just don't like to knowingly invite that kind of negativity in my life. No one does. But there are folks out there who are looking for a fight. And unfortunately they do target bloggers from time to time. I know that, and I was bracing myself for it.

I am glad I braced myself for nothing. I have felt your love and affirmation. Not that I need you all to constantly affirm me and give me an atta girl. But it is good to know that I didn't lose all my readers, and that my assumptions about who you all are were correct. I see my readers as a diverse bunch-- mostly moms but not all, who love to write or have some sort of dream that is dear to them and are learning to take steps towards that dream, who make all kinds of educational choices, who have learned that life is too short to waste energy throwing judgments at others (especially when it is so hard to keep our own stuff straight), who most importantly have a deep abiding faith and love for God, and are trying to love their families to the best of their inept, inadequate abilities. Your comments have reflected just that, and I am glad to call you my friends.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marybeth,
I didn't get to comment on your last post, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents too. Chad and I take one year at a time with our homeschooling, and we never know when circumstances or situations may change. We are 'planning' to homeschool through high school, but if the Lord has other plans for us, then that's okay too. We do love the homeschool lifestyle, but I also realize that it's not the 'only' way. You are doing what you are supposed to do at this point in your life, and so many doors opened up at just the right time making it obvious. You are just following through with what the Lord put on your heart!
You can be assured that this friend down in south Ga. will stay with you and keep praying for you and yours!
I'm excited to see what God has in store for you!
Hugs,
Amy

Sisterlisa said...

(((hugs))) As a friend, cyber or otherwise, we are still Sisters in Christ and are here to hold you up in prayer no matter what you decide.

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. I know that you and Curt prayed over your decisions and I truly feel that if the lord didn't want the doors to open, they would not have opened. I hope you have peace in YOUR deicisons, anyone who gives you grief or does not approve just needs to be reminded that it is YOUR decision! We are knee deep in life around here....having fun and just rolling with everything!!!

Amy W