Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On Visiting Target


Today, as I wrote earlier, we had three showings-- which meant we had to be out of the house a lot. This is not as easy as it might sound when you are talking about packing up six children and finding something to keep us occupied. Thankfully, I had some advance notice and was able to come up with a list of errands. I mustered up my courage and included a run to Target in the list of errands. We also went to the library, the homeschool store, the video store, the doctor's office to pick up a physical form so my son can practice with the football team, and to meet my mom to give her back a hat my friend Karen borrowed for the hilarious skit she did at She Speaks. Phew!

Target is not something I enjoy doing with all my children-- I don't really enjoy going with just a few of my children. Why? Because there are too many things to tempt them there. From cute clothes, to toys, to art supplies, to food items, it is guaranteed they are going to beg. Today, thankfully, wasn't too bad. I did pick my 7yo daughter up some capris that were on clearance, and a cute little skirt and shirt for the baby that was also on clearance. My son needed socks for football and we needed food in a bad way. I don't know why but it seems like they are eating more now that summer is here! By the time we left the Target, some of them were actually asking to leave, which tells you how long we were there.

After that, we all needed a little refreshment, so we went through the Wendy's drive through for Frosties. I didn't cheat though-- I got a diet Pepsi. Now we are all home resting and taking it easy since tonight is a swim meet. We have one more tomorrow night and the All Stars this Saturday, plus the banquet on Sunday night. Then swim team is over for another year. So far our team is undefeated-- we'll see if they can hold out for the season!
Pin It!

No comments: