Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

What Worked For Me This Week



This week a lot of things worked... It was a good week.

This fun printable list to kick off May. I am challenging myself to do at least some of them. (It's an easy challenge, considering all of them are good things to do.)

My best friend, She Reads partner and official other half of my writer brain, Ariel Lawhon and my list of what we were into in April, which is always so fun to pull together.

This humorous look at how hard May can be-- and some good tips for surviving it.



Saying yes to time with a friend on a Saturday. Most of my ordinary Saturdays are spent at home putzing around with home and family stuff. I rarely leave the house on Saturday unless it's to run errands or take a walk. So when my friend Tracy invited me to a benefit event for the afternoon I nearly said no, reasoning that I need my Saturdays. In the end we had a lovely, memorable day and I was so glad I varied my (boring) Saturday routine! We even squeezed in a trip to our local indie bookstore and a glass of wine at a nearby pub with outdoor seating on a gorgeous spring day! 


After that lovely Saturday, followed by a very full Sunday with church, lunch, and then a friend's daughter's play at her school, the house was showing my neglect big time. So I got out my trusty wipes and went to town. It took most of my Monday morning but when I was done the house felt so much better. When my house is disorganized and unclean, I am completely at odds until I get it back in order. 



Playing tooth fairy. This is my youngest showing off the loss of the tooth that seemed like it was never going to come out. She's nearly ten and my time of playing tooth fairy isn't going to last forever. In light of that, let's just say the tooth fairy has gotten increasingly more generous. (Sorry older kids.) 


Taking my phone with me when I walk. Now when I pass gorgeous flowers like this one I can capture them to enjoy later. 


I have used the same kind of lotion (Suave or Vaseline Aloe) since I was 15 years old. Let it never be said that I am not a creature of habit. So when I saw this new Suave Sea Mineral lotion I broke out of my own mold and gave it a try. It smells really good, in my opinion-- fresh and clean without being too floral or cloyingly sweet. I have enjoyed the nice new scent this week and it feels good to try something different. And also, since it's Suave brand, this little splurge didn't break the bank. 

How about you? What worked for you this week?
Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading The Guest Book-thank you for sharing your amazing story telling talent. I have also read The Mailbox. My next read will be The Wishing Tree. The beach is one of my favorite places to go. Keep up the hard work that I know you put into your books.

Blessings,
Cheryl Armstrong

Marybeth Whalen said...

Thank you so much Cheryl! Happy summer reading!

Kristie said...

I went to Target this weekend and got the Suave lotion based on what you said. You're right, the smell is so good and I love how soft it makes my skin feel. Thanks for sharing parts of your life with us! Blessings!

Marybeth Whalen said...

Kristie-- that just tickles me to hear! Thank you for letting me know.