Pages

Monday, March 03, 2014

Intentional Mondays


Quote: "The upside is that, as a result of that experience..."

I read this quote in an essay by Jodi Picoult, a fave author of mine, and her phrasing made me grab a pen and underline. She was referring to having her book adapted to film but the phrase itself could be applied to so many situations in life. And what a healthy, wholehearted way to look at situations that, while not pleasant, taught us much. I think it is a sign of progress to be able to say "the upside is that, as a result of _____, I learned, or I make sure to or I _____" (you fill in the blanks).

Looking for a journal entry prompt? This would make a great one.

Write Every Day... I will this week. I will. I will. I will. I have a story I need to tell. It's all planned and all that's left is to write it. Things are really busy this week but I've pledged to myself (and my husband for accountability reasons) that I will not go to bed at night until I've written every day.

My One Word... Feeling very hopeful and positive about some things even though on paper it doesn't make sense. Trusting that God AFFIRMS His promises and that our circumstances aren't the final answer.

Listening To... Silence. After two weekends back to back spent with women I have used all my words. My husband didn't think that was possible but it turns out, it is.

Sharing Stories... This week I'm sharing stories via the journalism class I'm substituting for and the story workshops I'm giving at my son's high school.

Randomness... This is going to be a very busy week. The kind of week you begin and are already tired just looking at the filled-in blocks on your calendar. I am going to try to find the joy in the busy fullness of life. Will let you know how that goes.

In The Kitchen... Easy is the name of the game. (See above)

Plans... Teaching, writing, cooking, cleaning, driving, listening, praying.

Loveliness... The light dancing across the water as the waves roll in. (See below)


Photo of the week:

The view from my window this past weekend.
Pin It!

No comments: