Pages

Friday, November 09, 2012

Roasted Chicken and Potatoes In The Crockpot


Last week I made a roasted chicken with red potatoes and it was quite good and super easy. I had so much extra time, I made cooked apples as a side dish. I rounded out the meal with some hot buttered corn. All in all, it was one of my favorite meals I'd made in quite awhile, so I decided to share it here.
 
 
All you need is Italian seasoning, garlic salt, some fresh gound pepper and a bag of small red potatoes, as pictured.
 
 
And one of these guys. If you can't read the label, it's a five pounder. And it cost a little over $7.
 
 
Mix the Italian seasoning (2 tsp.), garlic salt (1 tsp.) and fresh ground pepper (1/2 tsp.) together.
 
 
Put the red potatoes (washed and dried) in the bottom of the crockpot.
 
 
Then wash and dry the chicken and lay it on top of the potatoes. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the chicken. Put the lid on the crockpot and cook all day long. And that's it! When you're ready to eat you'll have delicious chicken and potatoes. And you'll have extra time to make cooked apples, which go perfectly with this meal.
 
 
Here's how I make cooked apples: Peel, halve and core a bunch of apples. Add a stick of butter, a cup of water, a half cup of white sugar and a half cup of brown sugar and cinnamon to taste. Turn to a boil and let boil until the liquid becomes syrupy. Then turn down and let simmer til apples are soft. Keep stirring.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yum! I will definitely try this. Thanks!

Mary DeMuth said...

Thank you, friend. I'm going to try this.