Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

I Am...


... thankful I made it through last week. I really enjoyed speaking and all the events went really well. I met some nice folks and felt like I actually helped some people. That's a wonderful feeling and an honor to be used in that way. But in spite of all that I am, and will remain, a homebody.

... thinking a lot about what my next book should be. I haven't been in this unknown place with my writing in quite awhile. At times it's unnerving but at times it's exciting.

... enjoying reading some YA titles. I've found I get on a YA kick about once a year. I'll read several titles in a row really fast. YA is fun in that the writing seems leaner and the books read faster. I've been kind of bogged down in more serious adult titles so a new literary direction has been a nice departure. YA-- it's not just for kids anymore!

... happy that I don't have to cook for the next two days. We've got a lot of leftover chili from a big pot I made on Friday. And we've got beef burrito filling I made for dinner on Saturday but we never ate because my in-laws offered to take us out to dinner. (Ummm? Yes?) So dinner is covered for the next two nights. (Picture Mel Gibson screaming "Freedom!!!")

... looking forward to two literary events I have coming up this week. I am doing a signing at Park Road Books in Charlotte NC on Tuesday night with authors Emily Colin (The Memory Thief) and Erika Marks (The Mermaid Collector). On Friday night I'm speaking at a Friends of the Library tea at Wingate University.  If you're in the area, I'd love to see you at either or both!

... planning a low-key week other than the two events. I've got errands and writing and (always) laundry and dishes. The usual. But I do love the usual.
Pin It!

No comments: