Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

The End of Memorial Weekend


Just returned from a whirlwind Memorial weekend that involved me and three of my kids venturing to Ocean Isle Beach to visit my aunt and uncle who live there. We had a fun time, got too much sun, and are sad to return to real life and school for my kids. They all felt like school should be out and summer should be started after the taste of summer this weekend brought. I have to say I agree. I'm ready for no schedule, long days by the pool, and the freedom that summer means.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I won't be posting-- instead I will be spending time with my family and hopefully doing a lot of NOTHING after being a single mom all weekend. (Single moms, my hat is off to you!)

I shall return sometime Wednesday. My head is filled with ideas for blog posts after our weekend. Just gotta find time to write... But first, reuniting with my husband and other kids, eating my mom's strawberry cake to celebrate my birthday and... not cooking!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Kristi Butler said...

So glad you guys had fun!! I hope your birthday is simply fabulous!!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marybeth!

BethA

Brenda said...

I'm glad you had a fun time! My kids also wish they didn't have to go back to school tomorrow, but they only have 8 days left! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marybeth! I hope you have a super day!

Rebecca Ann

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I am really looking forward to the new book to add to my 'Marybeth Whalen' collection...I think I have them all! LOL
Enjoy your summer and take care.
Blessings,
~Amy O'Quinn