Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking At The Week Ahead


Listening to: Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Whitney Houston

I'm reading: Little Gale Gumbo by Erika Marks

This week promises to be busy. My copyedits were due today, which meant I turned them in and then ran a bunch of errands that hadn't gotten done because I was in constant editing mode. I rode around listening to the Whitney Houston tribute station on Sirius and have been humming her songs ever since. While I was running errands, I managed to find some cute spring/summer clothes for my youngest. Marshalls had just gotten a shipment and I snagged 7 complete outfits for $118. I know it's early to be thinking spring but in a few months I will be SO GLAD I went ahead and bought her stuff. Only five more to buy for... ahem.

Looking ahead to the rest of the week...

A phone interview with the real couple who inspired the movie The Vow, brunch with a friend and Valentine's class parties on Tuesday. Our traditional family Valentine's dinner on Tuesday night, complete with red food (spaghetti), red drink (Cherry 7Up), and these cupcakes for dessert. (Confession: I'm looking forward to them a bit too much.) I've got Bible/book study on Wednesday morning and a story consult conference call Wednesday night. And Thursday morning I have surgery scheduled. It's not a big deal but I will be out of commission Thursday and Friday. And somewhere in all of that I need to start writing my new novel. Ah, the life of a busy mom. The word abundant comes to mind...

I'd appreciate your prayers for my surgery. And because I know you're curious as to why I'm having surgery, without going into a lot of detail, I'll just say get a mammogram. Because they can find stuff and get to it before it becomes a problem. I'm certainly glad I got mine, and glad that it's not cancer and-- because I'm having this surgery-- won't have a chance to become cancer. If you've put off having a mammogram, consider this your Public Service Announcement: Do it.

I'll be back this week with a review of The Vow and inside info on the real couple behind the story, Kim and Krickett Carpenter. I've also got a few random thoughts I'll share with you about hiding holes and pens with eyes and shut down mode.

Hope to see you here!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Arlene G said...

Glad you got a mammogram and it led to swift treatment. You are so right...all ladies should get their mammograms. Let your family spoil you a bit as you recover!

BethA said...

Whew. So glad it's not cancer. Thank God for medical advancements that can catch things. I pray for your swift recovery. Kick back and relax while you mend. And I'm with Arlene Grimm: let your family spoil you!

Rachel Olsen said...

SMACK! I had to read this here.

Have paused and prayed for it to go smoothly on Thursday. Get yourself a good novel to read while you rest and recover. And call me while you are still loopy on pain meds so I can mess with you.

Shelly Burke said...

Prayers for the surgery and recovery to go quickly and easily! Thank God for medical advances...and pain pills. :-) You are such a busy lady--blessed with your work I know--but I hope you'll take a few days to relax.

Sending gentle hugs. <3