Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking At The Week Ahead

Listening to: Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Whitney Houston

I'm reading: Little Gale Gumbo by Erika Marks

This week promises to be busy. My copyedits were due today, which meant I turned them in and then ran a bunch of errands that hadn't gotten done because I was in constant editing mode. I rode around listening to the Whitney Houston tribute station on Sirius and have been humming her songs ever since. While I was running errands, I managed to find some cute spring/summer clothes for my youngest. Marshalls had just gotten a shipment and I snagged 7 complete outfits for $118. I know it's early to be thinking spring but in a few months I will be SO GLAD I went ahead and bought her stuff. Only five more to buy for... ahem.

Looking ahead to the rest of the week...

A phone interview with the real couple who inspired the movie The Vow, brunch with a friend and Valentine's class parties on Tuesday. Our traditional family Valentine's dinner on Tuesday night, complete with red food (spaghetti), red drink (Cherry 7Up), and these cupcakes for dessert. (Confession: I'm looking forward to them a bit too much.) I've got Bible/book study on Wednesday morning and a story consult conference call Wednesday night. And Thursday morning I have surgery scheduled. It's not a big deal but I will be out of commission Thursday and Friday. And somewhere in all of that I need to start writing my new novel. Ah, the life of a busy mom. The word abundant comes to mind...

I'd appreciate your prayers for my surgery. And because I know you're curious as to why I'm having surgery, without going into a lot of detail, I'll just say get a mammogram. Because they can find stuff and get to it before it becomes a problem. I'm certainly glad I got mine, and glad that it's not cancer and-- because I'm having this surgery-- won't have a chance to become cancer. If you've put off having a mammogram, consider this your Public Service Announcement: Do it.

I'll be back this week with a review of The Vow and inside info on the real couple behind the story, Kim and Krickett Carpenter. I've also got a few random thoughts I'll share with you about hiding holes and pens with eyes and shut down mode.

Hope to see you here!
Pin It!


Arlene Grimm said...

Glad you got a mammogram and it led to swift treatment. You are so right...all ladies should get their mammograms. Let your family spoil you a bit as you recover!

BethA said...

Whew. So glad it's not cancer. Thank God for medical advancements that can catch things. I pray for your swift recovery. Kick back and relax while you mend. And I'm with Arlene Grimm: let your family spoil you!

Rachel Olsen said...

SMACK! I had to read this here.

Have paused and prayed for it to go smoothly on Thursday. Get yourself a good novel to read while you rest and recover. And call me while you are still loopy on pain meds so I can mess with you.

Shelly Burke said...

Prayers for the surgery and recovery to go quickly and easily! Thank God for medical advances...and pain pills. :-) You are such a busy lady--blessed with your work I know--but I hope you'll take a few days to relax.

Sending gentle hugs. <3