Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Fiction Friday: A Writer's Review



This is my last post for December. I am going to take some time to enjoy my family since my husband has time off work and my kids have time off school. I'll be back in the new year to share some new stuff! (And I might be in and out with the occasional missive between now and then.)

And now... on to today's Fiction Friday post!

This post really inspired me. So I thought I'd share it with those of you who would also like to use these last few days of this year to summarize and dissect their writing year. I am posting the questions she asks herself below. Pull out your journal and take some time to conduct your review, then set some new goals as we turn the page on another year. (Can you believe it?!)


What have you written this year?

How have you pushed yourself as a writer? What risks have you taken?

What have you done in terms of professional development this year?

How have you networked with other writers and other industry professionals?

How have you supported other writers? When did you ask for support?

What have you done to prevent burnout? How have you celebrated your accomplishements?

What have you done to nurture your creativity?

How did you promote your work?

What did you do to build your online presence this year?

Did you make any tough choices or do anything truly scary to further your career this year?

If you wrote for free, was that writing supporting another part of your career?

Where did you go to support your career? Conferences, retreats?

What is your biggest accomplishment of the year?

Where did you fall short of your expectations this year?

How much money did you earn? Is that up or down from the year before? How much would you like to earn next year?

What are your goals for your writing career for the coming year?

What’s one thing you can do today towards accomplishing one of those goals?
Pin It!