Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Two For Tuesday: A Change Of Pace For Breakfast


Want something different for breakfast? Tired of the same old cereal routine? Here are two things we've had at our house recently:

This is what was for breakfast at my house this weekend. I am happy to report my kids ate it! And it took nearly no time to prepare!
http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/apple-peanut-butter-oatmeal-recipe/

And here's a pumpkin spice smoothie that my kids loved:

Blend in blender:
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
8-10 oz. vanilla almond milk
dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
ice
(I also added protein powder for extra nutrition. I buy Vi-Salus but you can always check at your grocery store or Target, etc for a canister. I've also bought Jay Robb Enterprises brand and I see that Jillian Michaels has a brand too, though I've never tried it.)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Wow, those look unique. :)

I savored chocolate Nutell on a toasted bagel this morning. :)

Blessings,
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for mentioning Snack Girl and I am happy your kids liked the oatmeal!!
Great blog! Lisa AKA Snack Girl