Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thought


Source: Facebook



Pretty sobering thought, huh? Made me stop short and wonder what I'd even bothered to thank Him for yesterday. If you'd like to be more intentional about gratitude might I recommend picking up Ann Voskamp's book 1000 Gifts? It'll make you think about gratitude like you never have before. She's also got a handy downloadable printable record for each month so you can list your own gifts. October's can be found here. I've got mine on my dresser with a pen right by it so I can jot down items as I think of them.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Zibilee said...

I would be ok in some areas, and severely lacking in some others! This is a great thought, and makes me want to really be more cognizant of the prayers I am offering to him. Thanks for sharing this with me, Marybeth!

Jennifer Dougan said...

Ann's book has been revolutionary for me! I have a family Gifts Notebook that we leave on our kitchen counter for anyone to write in. It is a treat to me just to see various handwritings scrawl their thanks across the pages: mine, my daughter's, her friends, my parents, my son, etc.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Wendy said...

Hi there Marybeth!!

I've been reading "1000 gifts" and it's an incredible book. So profound, and poetic, and thought provoking...it takes time to process everything she says but it really speaks to the heart.

Thanks for sharing your thought!

Wendy