Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Recipe



I'm returning from Nashville TN today so I am just posting a quick recipe that you all might want to make now that the leaves are changing and the weather is turning cooler. When that happens I start making soup... and lots of it. If you've been visiting my blog for any length of time, you already know how much I love me some soup. And you've probably seen some of my recipes for various kinds of soup. This is one I'll be making soon at our house. It's quick and easy and delicious too!

Hope your family enjoys it!

Italian Chicken Soup

2 lbs of chicken breasts, cooked and shredded with 2 forks
1 medium chopped onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 peeled and diced potatoes
1 can chicken broth
1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
10 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables

Saute onion til tender. Stir in tomatoes, potatoes, broth and seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and and simmer, covered for ten minutes. Add veggies and chicken and simmer for at least 25 minutes (preferably longer). Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
Pin It!

No comments: