Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Psalms For Moms: Grace For The Good Girl


The lovely and gracious Emily Freeman has granted me permission to share excerpts from her book Grace For The Good Girl as my Psalms For Moms posts throughout the month of October. So for the next four Wednesdays, you'll be hearing from Emily. Thanks Emily for sharing with us!

"I've thrown myself headlong into your arms-- I'm celebrating your rescue." Psalm 13:5, MSG

"At 8:30 pm it feels like midnight. Blinking takes effort. I'm tightly clenching my jaw as I type and I. Can't. Stop. This life is exhausting. And I'm not even sick or pregnant or depressed or dying of starvation or homeless. But I still need a hero. Good thing I've got one. I can receive the mess as a gift because it gives me the opportunity to tell God, 'I've thrown myself headlong into your arms-- I'm celebrating your rescue.' How life-giving it is to know I have someplace to throw myself headlong other than into my bed. Besides, it isn't made and the sheets are dirty anyway."
Pin It!

No comments: