Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Top Ten Truths Your Teen Needs To Know


Today I am featuring a top ten list written by my friend Lynn Cowell, author of the new book for teens: His Revolutionary Love. I asked her to share ten truths from the book that teens need to know. Read on for an insightful list and a note from Lynn. I know you're going to want to check out this book if you have a teen girl in your life!

Top Ten Truths Your Teen Needs to Know:

1) If a guy doesn't like me it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me.

2) Relationships with girls can be more complicated than those with guys.

3) You already have God's approval and it has nothing to do with you.

4) When Jesus looks at you, he is not disappointed in you.

5) Guys don't have what it takes to fill our need for love.

6) We please God most when we throw ourselves in his arms.

7) He says there is no flaw in you.

8) He wants to be more than the God I serve; he wants to be the God I love.

9) The question is not what will I do, but who am I.

10) Some of God's love notes are hidden.

If you are like me, I wish someone had shared these truths with me when I was a teen! Want some help sharing with your daughter?

In “His Revolutionary Love,” I help teen girls and their moms:
· Create confidence that leads to a higher self-esteem by discovering Christ’s radical, life-altering love.
· Replace loneliness, rejection, and pain with acceptance, affirmation, and approval.
· Make wise choices that lead to a fruitful future, rather than becoming a victim to emotionally-based decisions.
· Shift faith in Jesus from just a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.
· Learn how to discern the voice and will of God.
· Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.
· Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a manner that’s healthy and positive.

Thanks Lynn for sharing with us today-- I know this book is going to help so many moms and teens discover God's Truth for their lives.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Zibilee said...

This would be a great list to pass on to my daughter, who is caught up in the throes of a huge crush right now. Thanks for sharing this with us. I know it will be helpful for me.

Melissa Durham said...

Wow! Sooo good! I wish someone had taught me this as a teenager as well. Would have saved me alot of heartache. I think that I am still learning some of this as an adult. Thank you for sharing! Printing this out to share with my daughter.

Lynn Cowell said...

Marybeth,
Thanks so much for sharing this with your readers today.
These are the truths that I go into depth on in "His Revolutionary Love". They are what I believe girls...every woman, in fact, need to know in order to be empowered with confidence to make wise decisions!
Thanks again!
Lynn

Brenda said...

This would be a great book to share with my daughter in a couple of years. Thanks!

Brenda said...

This would be a great book to share with my daughter in a couple of years. Thanks!