Today I am featuring a top ten list written by my friend Lynn Cowell, author of the new book for teens: His Revolutionary Love. I asked her to share ten truths from the book that teens need to know. Read on for an insightful list and a note from Lynn. I know you're going to want to check out this book if you have a teen girl in your life!
Top Ten Truths Your Teen Needs to Know:
1) If a guy doesn't like me it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me.
2) Relationships with girls can be more complicated than those with guys.
3) You already have God's approval and it has nothing to do with you.
4) When Jesus looks at you, he is not disappointed in you.
5) Guys don't have what it takes to fill our need for love.
6) We please God most when we throw ourselves in his arms.
7) He says there is no flaw in you.
8) He wants to be more than the God I serve; he wants to be the God I love.
9) The question is not what will I do, but who am I.
10) Some of God's love notes are hidden.
If you are like me, I wish someone had shared these truths with me when I was a teen! Want some help sharing with your daughter?
In “His Revolutionary Love,” I help teen girls and their moms:
· Create confidence that leads to a higher self-esteem by discovering Christ’s radical, life-altering love.
· Replace loneliness, rejection, and pain with acceptance, affirmation, and approval.
· Make wise choices that lead to a fruitful future, rather than becoming a victim to emotionally-based decisions.
· Shift faith in Jesus from just a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.
· Learn how to discern the voice and will of God.
· Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.
· Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a manner that’s healthy and positive.
Thanks Lynn for sharing with us today-- I know this book is going to help so many moms and teens discover God's Truth for their lives.