Pages

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Psalms For Moms


"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Psalm 3:3

He protects us, shields us, surrounds us.

He bestows glory on us. We don't gain it for ourselves.

When we are down, He lifts our heads, helping us refocus on what's necessary, what's important. He doesn't let us navel gaze... instead He redirects our sights on serving, giving, loving others. I love the picture of Him cupping our chins and lifting our heads.

This spoke to me today.

Perhaps it will speak to one of you, right where you're at. That's what the Psalms do for me.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Cheri Bunch said...

This is one of my favorite verses, Marybeth. Your words have blessed my heart! Thank you, Cheri

Zibilee said...

It is too often that we do end up navel gazing and have to be directed elsewhere, and though I have been feeling a little spiritually lax in the last few weeks, I take heart in the psalm that you picked today. I often feel so much better when I begin to look outward, instead of focusing on myself and my needs. Thanks for posting this. I needed a reminder!

Melissa Milbourn said...

I love it!