Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where Dreams Die


Just a bit more thought to the whole concept of feeling called to attend She Speaks. If this is a dream God has planted in your heart-- or if you have another dream He has planted in your heart that has nothing to do with She Speaks-- I want to urge you to watch this sermon by my pastor last weekend about where dreams die. It's not nearly as depressing as it sounds-- in fact it's quite encouraging! It's worth the investment of your time to let him speak into your life about your dreams. This is one of those sermons I took notes on and then went home and took time the next day during my quiet time to transcribe the notes into my journal and really ponder, look up verses, etc.

Here is a post written by a woman who is pondering whether she should do the "safe" thing and not spend the money on the conference or take a step of faith and not play it so safe anymore. I like how she said she has "Controlled the abundance right out of her life." She's got some great quotes in there.

I pray between her post and my pastor's sermon, you will be encouraged and empowered to go for your dreams and enter into a deeper prayer life and walk with God as a result!!

And now I am back to living out my dreams of seeing my first novel published!!

Check back tomorrow for a late edition of the Simple Woman's Daybook.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Joyful said...

Oh my goodness!!! I just received a comment on my blog that directed me over here. Wow...Marybeth, it means so much to me that you would consider my thoughts and words worth sharing. You have no idea how God has used you to encourage my heart today. Thank you.

Hugs,
Joy

Debra said...

Marybeth,
You are encouraging me big time!
Thank You Lord!
Hugs,
Debra

Becky said...

Listened to the sermon. I really needed that! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the Word... It was a confirmation to our Bible study the night before :). I sent a comment to your church as well, letting them know the blessing they are preaching the Word that reached across the nation to WA!
Be Blessed,
Lisa in WA

Allison Lorene said...

WOW! We got to the same church!!!! I go to Elevation Church on Saturday nights. I really loved this sermon...much needed.
Hope to see you there one day. I love receiving your "Encouragement For Today" e-mails.