Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook On Friday


Outside my window... sunshine, but a bit chillier than recent days.

I am thinking... about the looming month of May and all the busyness it holds.

I am thankful for... good friends.

From the kitchen... meals my husband can prepare while I am in Canada this weekend leading a women's retreat. This means lots of stuff cooked on the grill!

I am wearing... a pink 3/4 length sleeve v-neck shirt and jeans, silver sequin flip flops

I am remembering... a time in my life when I didn't work out or worry about dieting... ever. And it wasn't because I didn't need to-- it was just because I didn't want to. Am glad that I am taking better care of myself now even if it requires more effort.

I am going... to Canada for the first time this weekend!

I am reading… Caught by Harlan Coben. I love his thrill-ride, suspense-packed books and was anxious to read this, his newest.

I am hoping… to find joy in my busyness and not just stress. All good things I am doing... the key is remembering that!

On my mind… I started the Shred video by Jillian Michaels (of Biggest Loser fame) last week. I am now on Day 9 and it is getting easier!! When I first started I thought I would die and I couldn't imagine it ever not being hard.

I am hearing... the coffee grinding machine and voices of customers... am at Barnes and Noble.

Around the house... just staying on top of the laundry and dishes is enough for me right now. I think that will be true of the entire month of May.

Noticing that… prayers work. They really do. (I know... duuuuh.)

Pondering these words... "Only 12 Notes"

One of my favorite things... a decaf coffee with splenda and cream. It's the little things in life.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Arlene said...

I was one of those who didn't have to watch my weight regardless of how much I ate. Then the pounds started creeping in, and reality struck. Years pass, bodies change, and we need to adjust for it. It's that simple.

Enjoy your time in Canada! May you all be blessed.

MAK said...

Girl I've got 30 day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones and they ALL kick my butt. And I'm in decent shape! (I thought until I bought these videos =) She is hardcore but I do love the feeling afterwards.

Anonymous said...

You will have so much fun here in Canada. Ontario is hot today!! Just be glad your not in Alberta or else you will need your warmest winter gear. They got snow yesterday.
Barbara
abpennings@primus.ca

Sandy said...

It is definitely the little things. I wish you were coming to Nova Scotia. Have a great time in Ontario.

Karen said...

Marybeth,
Next time you come to Canada you should come to Quebec City. It is so beautiful here!!

JottinMama said...

So I linked over to "Only 12 Notes" - totally AWESOME. Thanks so much for sharing!! Excellent.

I hope you had a great weekend!

Blessings,
Kate :)