Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...winter is loosening its grip on us. Dare I believe that spring has indeed arrived and cold weather will not return?

I am thinking...about The Mailbox edits. Is it possible to catch every error?

I am thankful for...a great trip for just the two of us this weekend. Thanks Matt and Lori for making that possible and to the grandparents who took our kids for us to go!

From the learning rooms... Patricia MacLachlan books, revisiting old favorites with new children

From the kitchen...dinners from our menu this week, and a few desserts. Especially looking forward to making an Irish meal in honor of St. Patrick's Day!

I am wearing...jeans, a Hollister tee shirt my daughter gave me, moccasins with fur in them-- the one part of winter I will be sad to give up!

I am creating...a novel.

I am going... to try to do better with blogging. I have been slack, slack, slack these past few weeks. My apologies.

I am reading...Jodi Picoult's new novel, House Rules. I didn't think I would like it but I really, really do. There is nothing that makes me quite so happy as a well-written, engaging novel on my nightstand to look forward to after a long day.

I am hoping...Curt finds a job soon. Thanks, as always, for your prayers.

I am hearing...my Pandora station playing on my headphones.

Around the house... I need to wash sheets. I really hate washing sheets.

One of my favorite things... books. And good movies that I can watch again and again.

A few plans for the rest of the week: My calendar is blissfully empty. I do need to take two of my children to the orthodontist because they both have things wrong with their braces. Mostly I will just be working on the final edits for Mailbox while also trying to stay on schedule with writing 1000 words a day. If all goes as planned I will type "The End" on this novel by mid-April and then will have about 6 weeks to mess with it before I turn it in June 1.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marybeth, I will be praying that you and your hubby have an incredible time away this weekend to talk, laugh and connect.

Much love to you and praying for your hubby's employment.

Shannon said...

I have recently discovered Jodi Picoult's books and love, love, love them.
Hope all goes well with your husband's job search.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

K said...

Just wanted to say that I enjoy reading your blog, but I am always especially glad when I see it's a Daybook entry. I guess I like the "simpleness" of it. I really want to start something like that myself. Thank you.