Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Interview Update


Thanks to all of you who commented or emailed to say you are praying and to ask how Curt's job interview went. My prayer for him was that he would walk away saying that he felt like he did well and didn't have regrets about answering questions a certain way. Well I am happy to report that he said he felt like it went as well as it could possibly go. That's a big praise for me because now no matter what happens he won't be able to wonder if he could have done better, answered a question more effectively, etc. I am thankful to the men in his life who stepped in and prayed for him, offered resume and interview tips, and just encouraged him in general. He received several texts just before the interview from men saying they were praying for him. That was huge. If you are one of those men, thank you.

So now we wait. They said it could take a week or two. We have peace. We feel God's protection and provision. We know He holds us in the palm of His hands and, as several of you suggested, that He has plans to give us a hope and a future. Thanks to all of you who have prayed, written or called. Your care and concern have been a big part of the peace we are surrounded with. Yesterday I put this verse on an index card and posted it on our refrigerator as a reminder during this time:


Isaiah 26:12, "Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." (NIV)
Pin It!

9 comments:

Happy Four said...

Thank you for updating us on the interview when you are in the midst of your novel.

I will continue to pray for peace and direction. I will print the verse and place it in a prominent location in my home to. Thank you for listing it today.

Blessings to you, Caroline

Mary DeMuth said...

• “Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:18-19, NASB).

Alyce said...

Well you've answered my earlier question. Glad he's come away with peace. God is in control! Hang in there during the waiting game!

Unknown said...

Thank you for updating. We have been praying from Indiana. I love watching God's story unfold.

Oh Dear said...

So glad things went as you prayed. Thanks for the verse! I am on a memorization mission. Think I might add that one to my list!

Lynn Cowell said...

Praying for you and your family often, Marybeth!

familyof8 said...

I am praying for His perfect peace!!!

thanks for being real about raising your kids. We have 6 and we try to keep it real around here as well.

Blessings,
Christine

Arlene G said...

So glad that the interview went well! I am going to write that verse down as it is a real encouragement Marybeth.

Karen said...

I'm so glad to hear the interview went well. And I love the Scripture verse. I'm going to put it on an index card!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!
Karen