Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Festival Of Tables


Last year when I went to a festival of tables and posted about it, you all seemed to like it, so I am posting another collection, this one from the Christmas conference I spoke at in SC two weeks ago. I hope that these tables inspire you. I loved how the ladies kept it simple and found things they already had and built on a theme.

This little snowman table just made me happy. Mostly because of the special touches she added.

Cute place settings

Sorry this picture is sideways-- but look at how she wrapped up her silver with that cute snowman pop stuck in!


Blue candy canes to match.

This table was my favorite because I love, love, love this book. If you have never read it, go to www.proverbs31.org and buy it today!! It's a great story for Christmas or Easter. The hostess of this table had her handy husband create a cross, a boat and a manger for the centerpiece.

At each place setting, she had wooden chargers under clear plates, and Reese's trees too! Then she had printed off a portion of the story so that they could go around the table and each person read her part. Cute! I love when someone thinks outside the box and she did!

This table was fun and cute-- loved the ornaments in the glass bowl as a centerpiece and all the fun snowman pottery. Plus there were bags of chocolate kisses at each place!


This person put her Christmas village to good use.
Loved these handpainted glasses.



That were at this table. This was very elegant, I thought. I loved the hand stitched tablecloth.

This centerpiece featured a nativity scene and... candy. I learned that if you are hosting a table at one of these, put some candy somewhere. Women love to be close to chocolate!

Here's a bigger view of the nativity scene table.

Another simple, elegant, beautiful table.

And another one

And here's more candy! Loved the Santa theme here!


Here's a bigger view of that table.


And finally this one is also simple, elegant and beautiful. All the tables were gorgeous and I could tell a lot of work and thought went into them. If you are daunted by setting a beautiful table for company, just look around. As you can see here, the sky's the limit when it comes to creating an atmosphere using what you already have!















Pin It!

6 comments:

Arlene G said...

Love all those creative tablescapes!!(that is what Sandra Lee calls them on the Food network!lol) I am always amazed how how God gifts ladies to be able to think out of the box and make things so nice!

Bonita said...

I love looking at these tables! Such creativity! My favorite is the Three Trees table.

Laurie Ann said...

Those were beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Kelly said...

Lovely tables...I really enjoyed the pictures, and I think my favorite one is the one with the handstitched table cloth! Gorgeous! thanks for sharing, some good inspiration there!

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me, but I enjoy your blogsite and the encouragement you provide to those of us who read your posts. I just saw that your husband unexpectedly lost his job and I wanted you to know that I prayed for you and your family this morning from my home in Montana...and will continue to do so. God Bless...and hang in there with HIM!

Anonymous said...

I just saw the same thing about your husband's job. I'm praying for you and your family as well. Jesus will carry you through this! Yes, he will! Grab his hand and hang on!