Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Daybook For Christmas Week


Outside My Window... cold, cold, cold. But dry. And that is an improvement.

I am listening to... the sound of the movie Christmas Vacation, which is on as I type. That movie still makes me laugh. When Aunt Bethany wraps up that cat and Clark is holding it and the package is moving all around... good film moment there.

I am wearing... a gray and white argyle patterned sweater and black pants. Both from Old Navy. Both picked up on sale earlier this fall.

I am thankful... for the clothes and the food and the roof over our head.

I am pondering... if there can be such a thing as too much family togetherness? :)

I am reading... On Strike For Christmas. A cute little book that's perfect for this time of year about a group of moms who decide to simply not do Christmas so their families will appreciate the lengths they go to to pull off the Christmas they take for granted. Great light reading.

From the kitchen... Gingerbread cookies with daddy, cut out Christmas cookies with homemade icing with mommy, eggnog bread

I am creating... a menu for this week. What should we have for Christmas Eve? I was going to do a turkey but am now thinking... no.

I am thinking... about my answers to "the question" my friend Karen Ehman wrote about in her blog post today.

I am going... to try to relax and enjoy this week.

Around the house... Christmas is everywhere, in every room.

One of my favorite things... doing the fun little things with the kids in the time leading up to Christmas. Saturday we went to a class and decorated cookies and cakes. Sunday we visited with Santa at Starbucks and enjoyed free hot chocolate for the kids.

A picture thought I am sharing... Christmas at Starbucks with a visit from Santa!


Pin It!

7 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

I think the look on your children's faces says it all. There is hope and happiness amidst all the snares satan has set. You are rising above it, and are choosing to trust in God. I see the confidence in your sweet one's smiles that tells me "Curt and Marybeth have done their job. They have taught their kids that God's hand is over them. They are taken care of."
I think you should go for the turkey. (hee hee, you know how I feel about turkey!) Turkey will once again remind you to be thankful, and it will fill your hearts with the promises of bounty God has with your name on it. Not the prosperity gospel so many preach, but to fully rely on His love, regardless of what the situation looks like. That's all God really wants from you now!
You are SOOOOOO loved, Marybeth!!!

Arlene G said...

Marybeth, thinking of you and praying!! I am glad you have made the choice to enjoy this week with your family. I know it is hard to make a choice to be happy in difficult circumstances.

Danielle said...

Sometimes as we go through the storm, we don't see how we can encourage anyone else, but sister... you are an encouragement to me just with your daily walk of faith in the Father. Thank you for that.

Sitesx6 said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time (Found you through The Old School House a few years ago.) I wanted you to know I just prayed for your family. I'm praying God will bring you peace as you wait, and a REALLY great job for your husband soon. :)

Merry Christmas.
Kelly in Michigan

Mandy said...

I would go to Starbucks to see Santa! Does not take much to get me to Starbucks! :-)

Jekka said...

Praying for you and Curt. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. That has been mantra lately.

I am having Italian Beef on Christmas Day. I firmly believe that one should not cook on this special day. So just throw it in the crock pot and enjoy the day.

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Love to you today, Marybeth... you are so loved.