Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Daybook: The Monday Before Thanksgiving


Outside my window... The weather has turned cold and rainy. It feels like November.

I am listening to... The George Winston holiday Pandora channel. Beautiful instrumentals of favorite Christmas songs that are so peaceful to work to. My kids say it's too early but I say nonsense!

I am wearing... pajamas that I have had since the 90's. They are white with red roses all over them. My family makes fun of them but they are my most comfy pj's.

To be fit and happy... getting that 500 calorie workout in every day. Can't say the same for eating right with the holidays upon us. Am aiming to do the diet again in earnest in January, a perfect month for dieting. Nov/Dec is not. Especially when one is on deadline for some very tough edits. I might be fit but I won't be happy.

I am thankful for... a van that runs again. I was without it for three days last week and that was not fun.

I am pondering... the things I am thankful for each day so I can send my "thankful report" to my friend Melissa each night.

I am reading... Stein On Writing, The Southern Living Christmas Cookbook, Christmas Kitchen by Gooseberry Patch

From the kitchen... getting ready to cook Thanksgiving lunch and host a dessert social that night. Light fare from now til then. Easy meals that don't require a lot of time in the kitchen. I see Domino's in our future. And maybe Chick fil a.

I am creating... Advent plans. Ann Voskamp's Jesse Tree devotional starts November 30th. If I can get my act together we might be ready to start it!

From the learning room... Some Jan Brett books, Milly and the Macy's Day Parade, Thanksgiving At Our House

On my iPod... Andrea Bocelli's new Christmas cd, courtesy of my mom

Around the house... cleaning and preparing. Must get my table centerpiece and settings all figured out so there are no surprises on the big day.

One of my favorite things... the way my heart turns toward home in earnest around this time of year. I don't have to force myself or talk myself into it.

A few plans for the rest of the week... hosting small group on Tuesday, lots of grocery shopping, hopefully turning in my manuscript to my editor for this round of edits (we're almost there!), seeing The Blind Side on Friday night with my honey. We tried this past weekend but it was sold out. Having a housefull on Thursday.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing: A 4 year old princess




Pin It!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi friend - can't believe how grown up and beautiful your little one is! Praying for each day and just can't wait to read your novel! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Mandy said...

I love how you can "see" your future! :-) Sounds good for the week of Thanksgiving! And, the dessert night sounds wonderful! Please share your menu and game plans.

Marybeth Whalen said...

No game plans-- just good conversation! And as for the menu, I just told everyone who is coming to "bring a dessert." So it's a surprise as to what we have. I am doing pumpkin crisp and tarheel pie. Yum!

Ellen - SkoMomma said...

We're doing a jesse tree for the first time this advent. What a fantastic way to prepare our hearts for Christmas. I got the idea from you in an earlier post.
P.S. Purchased a copy of your Christmas e-book a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed all the great ideas. This year I plan to be more intentional about my families plans, focus, and time together.
Ellen S.