Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... a spring rain and a forecast for a dip in the temperatures... I was so hoping the warm weather was here to stay!

From the learning rooms... no spring break for my homeschooling students, though my school students are out for the week. (We'll take Friday off.) Reading aloud from our library books, painting with the new watercolors I bought this weekend, maybe making some Easter/springtime crafts. I love this tutorial on drawing flowers and I know my nine year old will be into it. I am hoping each day this week to go through a holy week unit to help prepare us for Easter Sunday. (I will only use parts of this.)

I am thankful for... not being on crutches like I was this time last year! And still thankful for the way my P31 sisters jumped in and helped make my kids' Easter baskets happen.

From the kitchen... nothing! Tonight is "Kids Eat Free" night at our local Chick fil a!

I am wearing... old, old, old pajamas that my family makes fun of but I love.

I am reading... the new Writer's Digest issue, which came in the mail this weekend. Am hoping to get a copy of Self-Editing For Fiction Writers this week from the library.

I am hoping... for a good week with the kids off school. It will be a challenge to keep the younger ones doing school with the older ones home!

I am creating... a novel, am in the editing stage now and it is tedious-- hence the book I am hoping to read.

I am hearing... Toot and Puddle on Noggin, the clatter of children eating in the kitchen, Pandora radio on my computer... the sounds of life at my house. (I love Pandora more and more with each passing week. By voting out songs you don't like and adding artists to your existing station, it figures out what kind of music you like and now I have a station custom designed for me. So. Cool. I keep it going almost all day.)

Around the house... laundry, dishes, and organizing... oh my!

One of my favorite things... my new journal I bought while in Roanoke VA last weekend. It's so pretty and exactly what I had hoped to find! Now to just make myself get in the habit of writing in it regularly... Looking for a gift? I think this would make a great one!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Speaking at the A Woman Inspired conference, talking to my publicist about spreading the word about Learning To Live Financially Free, getting the novel ready to send it to my agent for his verdict, my mother in law taking two of the kids to the beach for a few days, hopefully blogging more consistently, preparing for Easter, including a Seder dinner on Friday night.

For more daybook entries, go to A Simple Woman's Daybook. I find these are so peaceful to read and really turn my heart towards home.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the updated website!!! Such a lovely new family picture. :)

Thanks, as always, for your awesome blog.

Lynn

Lori said...

I LOVE the new look, and what a great picture of the family!