Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

7 Things To Change In My Life


My friend Debby from Tuscon shared this list with me, and it inspired me so much I decided to share it with you! (With her permission, of course!) I need to work on my own "7 Things" list but in the meantime, I have made comments beside her list. How about you? Are you ready for some change? If so, what changes are you looking to make?

7 Things to Change in my Life
Deborah J. Thomas
1. Try giving up sweets for an interim….three days, longer if possible and notice the change in your body. It needs breaks. (I am in month three of no sweets. This is not easy, but I have to admit that I feel so much better.)
2. Get exercising and quit making excuses. (I am exercising more consistently than I ever have in my life, thanks to my treadmill. Strangely enough, I look forward to it and enjoy it. Walking fast on the treadmill is a much better alternative for me than running ever since I broke my foot.)
3. Go without "Free Cell" and enjoy the freed time it gives you.(It is more aptly titled Prison Cell) (Can't say I struggle with free cell or solitaire or any online games. Although I did have a serious addiction to Pathwords on Facebook there for awhile.)
4. Limit your emailing to an hour at a pop and get on with your day. (This is a great idea... now just to implement it.)
5. Spend more time with your mother or close family or close friends. Time is more valuable than anything else on earth except love. (So, so true.)
6. Don’t leave out the Lord, He likes your company too. (He is a constant companion and a friend who sticks closer than a brother.)
7. Pray under the stars. It reminds you of where you are and why you need to pray. (I love this, Debby! I also like to pray beside the ocean, as a reminder of how small I really am and how vast God is.)

Here's a link to Debby's beauty page:
www.beautipage.com/spawithDJT

Thanks for sharing with us Debby!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Bethany LaShell said...

What a great list! I loved your comments by your friend's list. Actually, it was VERY, VERY convicting!! I have been thinking about many of these things for a long time, but having major problems implementing them. Thanks for renewed inspiration (now I just need renewed self-control!).
Bethany

arabelle marie said...

Thanks, Mary Beth. You are such an encouragement to me. We are in the process of moving and following God's will and it seems hard sometimes. At the same time, we are eager and excited to do what He wants us to.

I'm going to think of my own list.

ara

Bonita said...

Oh dear! Numbers 1-4 are messing with me!