Pages

Friday, March 06, 2009

Praising Him


I read this quote yesterday in the daily devotion book, "31 Days Of Praise" (by Ruth Myers). I have had this book on my shelf for years and only recently picked it up to add to my morning quiet time. I really like the way it sets my heart on praise first thing in the morning, and gives me a lot to think about besides.

This particular quote really resonated with me:

I praise You for You sovereignty over the broad events of my life and over the details. With You, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted.

Are you going through an experience right now that feels wasted? Incidental? Do you feel as though you have wandered into your life by accident?

God uses it ALL. His sovereignty is at work even when we can't see it. And we can trust in that, no matter what our feelings tell us. This was a nice reminder, and I thought someone out there might need to hear it!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Julie Zine Coleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Zine Coleman said...

Charles Spurgeon once said, "If there were any place better for you than the one in which you find yourself, Divine Love would have placed you there." We often forget that our circumstances are not in spite of the fact He loves us. They are BECAUSE He loves us.

Mary DeMuth said...

I have a prayer I wrote today about those who make their living with words. It's here:

http://wannabepublished.blogspot.com/2009/03/prayer-for-those-who-write-and-those-in.html

It reminded me of the quote...