Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Letter To The Younger You


I read this today and thought I would share it with you. Isn't it fun to think about writing to our younger selves about what is to come? What would you say to your younger self if you could?

If we only knew then what we know now... Of course, I do think it's best that we not know. I probably would have run away screaming if I had known I would still be living in the same town I grew up in, married to a boy who used to babysit for me and my brother and mow my dad's grass, with six kids. Yeah, ignorance is indeed bliss.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Julie Zine Coleman said...

I would reassure myself that while my future life would hold its share of sorrow and difficulty, it would also be rich and full and rewarding. I agree, to be able to look ahead would probably scare us all-- which is probably why Jesus told his disciples not to look too far into the future: "each day has enough trouble of its own"!

Anonymous said...

That was such a cute post. It's funny, but in the TEACH edition that will come out on marriage...my article was entitled "Advice From the Me of Now to the Me of Then." What a funny coincidence!
Take care!
Amy